Maps & Scenarios for Revolution

The Rhye's Earth for Revolution map pack has been updated, now also includes the version with an enlarged Europe as requested. You may also want to see Fierabras' advice two posts up ...

Two things had to be changed for the RFC map since they're not in BTS: all instances of cotton were replaced with another happiness resource and all marshes were turned into jungles.

Enjoy.

Here is the map that I had promised in the Download link and Version info thread. This one is a base version of a scenario I'm working on, but it still works nice with the Revolution mod.

Tiny Europe (cut-out of Rhye's map) for 34 civs dll.
Playabele civs in historical starting locations:

- Rome
- Carthage
- Greece
- Egypt
- Babylon
- Persia
- Celts

Pretty fun to see English rebels split off from the Celtic civ and start their own civ in England!

Edit: you might want to add the XML I mentioned in post 19

Attachments

• Tiny Europe 34 civs.zip
    9.8 KB · Views: 233
There are lots of historical world map scenarios that would be really great with this. I'm particularly thinking of thise right now.

Here is rhyes map with 12 ancient civs to start.

Attachments

• Rhyes Earth 34 civs - 12 ancient civs to start.zip
    37.6 KB · Views: 246
This mat not be the correct place to post this question, but here it is:
I am planning a mod about the fall of the roman empire that will use REvolution as a base, and the other version that adds DCM and IDW. The readme said that if all that I do is XML, I should be fine. It later said that if I do any civic editing or removing or adding any tech, there might be problems. If all that I do is add new units, remove and add some tech, and do a bit of civic editing, will there be problems?

The "clean" Rhye's maps always startup with BarbCiv, Revolution, and pretty much all of the rest of the features of Revolution disabled. Why is that?

This mat not be the correct place to post this question, but here it is:
I am planning a mod about the fall of the roman empire that will use REvolution as a base, and the other version that adds DCM and IDW. The readme said that if all that I do is XML, I should be fine. It later said that if I do any civic editing or removing or adding any tech, there might be problems. If all that I do is add new units, remove and add some tech, and do a bit of civic editing, will there be problems?

Sorry for the late reply, I wrote you one a while ago but somehow it got lost in the shuffle. Anyway, I updated merging documentation which comes with the download in 1.6 and later partly as a response to your post and also because it was terribly out of date. Definitely check that out and post again if you have any questions.

The "clean" Rhye's maps always startup with BarbCiv, Revolution, and pretty much all of the rest of the features of Revolution disabled. Why is that?

:confused: I don't know, I'll check it out ...
(EDIT: If you choose "Custom Scenario" then you can select the options you want. It seems like something is acting strange with GameOptions when loading the map since the Firaxis changes to the way GameOptions are loaded in 3.17 ... there's nothing in the map file which should effect this, I'll see if I can get the options to default to on)

I always start in Washington on the Rhye clean slate map. Doesn't matter what civ I pick =p

I made this map based off of Rhye's 4 civ map. The idea of this map is that there's a lot more room to make good cities, and it balances out areas somewhat. I also made the New World MUCH nicer, hopefully encouraging a lot more racing to get there.

Mainly what I did was:
Change all desert on river tiles to floodplains
Change all desert tiles on water to plains
Move the grassland/tundra line up one, creating more grassland
Moved the tundra/ice line up one, creating more tundra
Added resources to otherwise very poor places for cities
Created passages from the old world to the new world with galleys (on on the side of Europe, the other on the side of Asia).
Added a fake river in Australia, to make it more useful.
Added several sea food resouces
Changed some of the mountain structure in the Panama/Columbia area (now much more accessible)
Made Tibet, Alaska, and much of the Western US a reasonable place to settle

That's more or less it. The effect should be that there are more civs springing up from barbarians, and that there are more places which will be settled. Hopefully this has the effects of emulating a larger map, without actually having one. I am also hoping that this will weaken the advantage of being one of the first civs, and will enable civs which come up in the middle of the game to become the world leader.

Edit: It seems to work in the Play Scenario setting, but not in the Custom Scenario setting. If anyone knows why, or knows how to fix that, please let me know. Thanks.

Attachments

• 4civ-huge-earth-extra-playable.rar
    28.6 KB · Views: 104
Okay, here's a question, about the Rhye's maps. Do they work on the newest, 3.17 update?

I've only dled them after I updated to the 3.17 patch, and it says they won't work. How should I do it to make them work, if they work for everyone else?

Also, for some reason the one Qwerty made just recently isn't working either. I'm not sure why... am I doing this wrong? I put it into the private maps in revolutions, is tha tthe wrong spot?

@jdog5000, Thanks for updating the XML FAQ. I forgot that I had posted here becuase I went on a 2 1/2 week trip and unsubscribed from all threads so I dont come back and find my email clogged.

Now that the features have become game options, you can add them to the map file with:

Code:
Option=GAMEOPTION_REVOLUTION
Option=GAMEOPTION_BARBARIAN_CIV
Option=GAMEOPTION_TECH_DIFFUSION
Option=GAMEOPTION_START_AS_MINORS
Option=GAMEOPTION_DYNAMIC_CIV_NAMES

Open up the WBS-file with a text editor and add the options you want to play the map with between BeginGame and Endgame. For example, below is the modification for Kevytmaito's map:

Code:
BeginGame
	Calendar=CALENDAR_DEFAULT
	Speed=GAMESPEED_EPIC
	[B]Option=GAMEOPTION_REVOLUTION
	Option=GAMEOPTION_BARBARIAN_CIV
	Option=GAMEOPTION_TECH_DIFFUSION
	Option=GAMEOPTION_START_AS_MINORS
	Option=GAMEOPTION_DYNAMIC_CIV_NAMES[/B]
	GameTurn=0
	StartYear=-4000
	Description=Rhye's huge Earth map, with 12 ancient civlizations.  BarbarianCiv and Revolution will fill out the rest of the map over time.
	ModPath=
EndGame

Okay, this map should work perfectly. It's my 6 civilization extra play. When you start it you get the option of playing between 12 countries, however only choose between the Celtics, Egyptians, Persians, Indians, Chinese, or Japanese. Any other civ will cause a crash (as they aren't in it). With the revolution they should all be pretty balanced (and it's reasonable to expect a few new important civs throughout the game). I have added a lot of resources and changed a lot of the terrain, and it is designed to add more room for important cities, and to make all civs different but equally good ones to play. See what you guys think...

http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=186475&stc=1&d=1219297920

Attachments

• 6civ-xplay.rar
    29.9 KB · Views: 129
Top Bottom