Maps

Ploeperpengel

academic precarity

Attachments

• WarhammerWorld.zip
    113.8 KB · Views: 75
I'm currently trying a map right now. It should be finished within this week or the next (depending on how busy i am). I'm no computer fanatic (but kinda Warhammer fanatic) so i use YAME:

"YAME (for: Yet Another Map Editor) is a small but powerful map editor.

The editor is implemented as Excel workbook. With YAME you can create your map from scratch or import and change existing maps.

If you look for a tool that generates maps based on satellite photos have a look at 'BMP to WBC Converter'. Should you need a tool to create random maps according to parameters then 'Atlas' might be the correct choice. YAME is for you, if you need an editor that let you set and modify each and every tile on a map and generate a ci4WorldBuilder file to play that map in Civ4.

The map can be of almost any size (max 255 columns - Excel restriction), contain height information, different terrain types, features, bonus tiles and rivers. Up to 18 Cvilizations may be placed."

I'll start posting maps as soon as they are ready .. the first one coming is a map of the old world, which is a map to try the program and get your opinions.

Ploeperpengel said:
If you're going to work on the map I recommend not to use starting techs cause these will probably change. The material I posted above can also help a bit maybe.

True. i was just trying to make a blank map to give it a try. The resources etcetera can be filled in later .. i'll have a look at the maps in the first posts as soon as im at home.

How about making resource (and river )placement random? That way you don't have to play on an identical map over and over again.

fair enough. I was afraid that the set map would be standard in all games.

It would be awesome to make maps for different scenario's. Eastern Old World to replay the Storm of Chaos (summer campagne 2005?) or the settling of the new Races in Lustria. Next to that a map of the complete warhammer world (maybe an extra version with al citied in place; for ultimate realism). But that's all Utopia. First i'll be happy with a fully working map that looks a bit like a part of the warhammer world ;)

Top Bottom