[MapScript] World of Erebus

[to_xp]Gekko

QCT junkie
Another excellent mapscript by Seven05. this one is similar to Erebus Continent, but as the name implies it simulates a whole world instead of a continent.

with Medium or Low cohesion you can and will get multiple continents that require navies to traverse. This script should work nicely with Tholal's mod, giving the ultimate FFH experience :D

It's a pity it only came with RifE and has not been released here yet. Let's give it the recognition it deserves :mischief:

In the future I might also upload a version tweaked for more balanced starts if people are interested, this is the official one that originally comes with RifE.

screenshot shows all combinations of Cohesion ( top-bottom ) and Sea Level ( left-right )

make sure you use less civs than default on low cohesion or you can get cramped starts. for example I use 6 on a huge map with high sealevel, you can get away with a couple more on low sealevel.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• all.jpg
    all.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 2,168
  • WorldOfErebus.rar
    44.4 KB · Views: 886
Very interesting :)

I'll try it in my next game.

EDIT: I gave it a few tries. With the default settings, there is a lot of desert (in fact, most of the inland areas are desert). I also saw a reference to the Kelp resource, which is not present in vanilla FFH2 / MNAI.

because the results depends on the shape of the continents. if you lower them you'll get no deserts unless you also have a big continent. rule of thumb is higher cohesion = more deserts, so if you're using high cohesion lower deserts manually to offset that. great plains and smart climate also help.

I'm not getting the cohesion options, or even an option to make a round world. I hate flat worlds!

This map is showing up as a huge grassland for me. Any idea what the problem could be?

nope, it should be working just fine. maybe try a play now! game to clear the options and retry? it's similar to erebuscontinent so if that works correctly for you this one should as well.

I have been enjoying this mapscript. It's like Fractal, except it feels like Erebus Continent.

Starts are definitely not balanced though, sometimes you get floodplains+3x gold and sometimes you get a shrimp and some jungle. I don't mind that for single player though.

Top Bottom