MapView 2.0 - Civilization 4 Editor

The MapEditor is a fantastic tool,

Here a few ideas about the good pic2map:
Grid xmax/ymax given from the user,
the picture as a layer in the background (you can see which box you have to change) and a switch on/off,
polygon input for irregular regions of same type

bye

The MapEditor is a fantastic tool,

Here a few ideas about the good pic2map:
Grid xmax/ymax given from the user,
the picture as a layer in the background (you can see which box you have to change) and a switch on/off,
polygon input for irregular regions of same type

bye

Yeah, Pic2Map needs improvement, i just don't have the time to roll them out, i'm terribly sorry.

How do you change the size of a map that you already made?

You can't ;(

You need to copy and paste your existing plot information from the plot data into a larger/smaller map and take care of that by hand.

I don't know how complex this is in practise, i'm sorry

I merged layers and pasted, so now I have The correct map size. But I noticed in the screenshot you have, there are a ton of buttons representing resources, units etc and I have never seen them on my mapview. Tile inspector never shows anything. And the map always crashes whenever I try to load it. Any ideas why any of these have happened?

What colors does pic2map recognize?

So far, when I import a jpg, I can only get it to display water, plains and grass. What colors do I need in the picture to represent hills or peaks?

So far, when I import a jpg, I can only get it to display water, plains and grass. What colors do I need in the picture to represent hills or peaks?

I don't have access to the code atm, but i mainly decided the terrain type on an average of the pixel values Hue value in the HSV color model.

You should be able to get

snow = white area
desert = yellowish
grass = green
blue = ocean (to be later fixed with the coast tool)
thundra = brownish
and mayb plains, somewhere in the brigther green/yellowish mayb

but i' can't recall 100%

you could try experimenting with gradients to find out.

I'll try to look at the code asap and report back.

Oh, i didn't really read that message to the end. Sorry.
Hills and peaks are not supported. You would need to place them manually, depending on your source image you can probably guess that either ice areas "glaciers" or brown" areas are likely to be mountains.

Good to know.

Did you get the exact numbers for the colors?
I've figured out how to show all the terrains except for snow and tundra even after trying a variety of browns and whites.

Hey, sorry for posting so late in the thread. Just a question for you Gr3yHound. Pretty new my self to the MapView program, but every time I try to run the map I made Civ4 and Civ4 BTS seem to freeze and crash.
I tried on my computer, and also sent a copy to my buddy who is a little more technical. We both end up with the same error code when the game stops running after trying to load the custom map.

AppName: civilization4.exe AppVer: 1.7.4.0 ModName: cvgamecoredll.dll
ModVer: 1.0.0.1 Offset: 000df780

Any ideas? I'm hoping it's just a simple fix, and just our fault for not knowing what we are really doing!

But cheers on the hard work making this!

hello, first of all, good job on making this editor :goodjob:

I have a doubt, on the other version thread ( http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=141622 ) you mentioned there was a resize/crop tool, but I have been unable to find it, I tried just cutting the stuff I wanted out but doesnt work that way :p

so, where is the resizer ?

also, the new map function shows the size window and then no buttons to click OK, whats the hotkey to move on ?

http://i.imgur.com/ESKZk.png

sorry if these are some newbie questions and thanks :)

Code:
17:17:51: Unknow or unexpected line(24): NumAdvancedStartPoints=0
17:17:51: Unknow or unexpected line(2719): numsignswritten=0
17:17:51: Unknow or unexpected line(2720): RandomizeResources=false
17:17:51: Unknow or unexpected line(2798): UnitName=DickBong

I tried to use this program and got these errors

It appears not to support a few additional parameters from the worldbuilder file.

see for details

hello, first of all, good job on making this editor :goodjob:

I have a doubt, on the other version thread ( http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=141622 ) you mentioned there was a resize/crop tool, but I have been unable to find it, I tried just cutting the stuff I wanted out but doesnt work that way :p

so, where is the resizer ?

also, the new map function shows the size window and then no buttons to click OK, whats the hotkey to move on ?

http://i.imgur.com/ESKZk.png

sorry if these are some newbie questions and thanks :)

Unfortunately i never finished it. You'll need to to that by hand. I guess the easiest way is to create a new map and copy and paste the larger on into the smaller one (for cropping) ... Sorry ;(
The buttons are in the "invisble area" below the lower border (resize the dialog to the bottom) .. also something i had fixed in an unreleased version ;((

Code:
17:17:51: Unknow or unexpected line(24): NumAdvancedStartPoints=0
17:17:51: Unknow or unexpected line(2719): numsignswritten=0
17:17:51: Unknow or unexpected line(2720): RandomizeResources=false
17:17:51: Unknow or unexpected line(2798): UnitName=DickBong

I tried to use this program and got these errors

It appears not to support a few additional parameters from the worldbuilder file.

see for details

Yep, that might be true, you will probably have to add those again, the map itsself should be read properly too. I was working on a version that preserved unknown lines, but i don't think the current release has that. What those lines actually mean is: "I dunno what that line is so i'll just ignore it".

I'm very surprised about the "unitname" issues, i guess it doesn't appear in a beginnit & endunit block?

Sorry for the late response

I have a question regarding maps in A New Dawn mod.
I have generated a map in the mod mentioned above, edited in MapView and so on... and everything works perfectly.
But when I try to enlarge any map - copy and paste into a larger empty "map" (or even same size, as I've tried that too) - I remember I need to change Map options (such as: world size (say huge or giant, whatever size of the map I have), climate (temperature) and sealevel (medium)), the game starts in 4000 BC, instead of 6000 BC as it was before pasting it into new file/map.

Is there any way to change that tiny problem? It's really strange when you get to 2000 AD, your years are changing with a speed of light (meaning that each turn still adds say 10 to 20 years, probably less, cos I don't remember now how it was 1700 years ago, I am in 3750 AD now ;-)). I know it's a bit different with the Marathon speed option (which I have chosen) but that shouldn't be that much different to Epic speed...
And I think that AND starts in 6000 BC and if the starting point is moved in time to 4000 BC - everything is moved by those 2000 years and their equivalent in turns (say perhaps 80 turns or more). How to change that starting point back from 4000 BC to 6000 BC?

I made a map for a scenario I'm working on (Just a cut down version of the default earth map) and it crashes every time I try loading it. I'm using BTS, and it only crashes after I've selected everything and attempt to start the scenario.

Any suggestions?

I have a question regarding maps in A New Dawn mod.
I have generated a map in the mod mentioned above, edited in MapView and so on... and everything works perfectly.
But when I try to enlarge any map - copy and paste into a larger empty "map" (or even same size, as I've tried that too) - I remember I need to change Map options (such as: world size (say huge or giant, whatever size of the map I have), climate (temperature) and sealevel (medium)), the game starts in 4000 BC, instead of 6000 BC as it was before pasting it into new file/map.

Is there any way to change that tiny problem? It's really strange when you get to 2000 AD, your years are changing with a speed of light (meaning that each turn still adds say 10 to 20 years, probably less, cos I don't remember now how it was 1700 years ago, I am in 3750 AD now ;-)). I know it's a bit different with the Marathon speed option (which I have chosen) but that shouldn't be that much different to Epic speed...
And I think that AND starts in 6000 BC and if the starting point is moved in time to 4000 BC - everything is moved by those 2000 years and their equivalent in turns (say perhaps 80 turns or more). How to change that starting point back from 4000 BC to 6000 BC?

I made a map for a scenario I'm working on (Just a cut down version of the default earth map) and it crashes every time I try loading it. I'm using BTS, and it only crashes after I've selected everything and attempt to start the scenario.

Any suggestions?

I'd suggest to get a *.wbs (or whatever it's called for your extension) that works well and manually replace all the map data from the file created by mapview and leave all other elements unchanged (just apply the changes manually that you know are save to change).

Top Bottom