March Patch Notes (formerly february)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does Legalism work if I build a monument first in my caputal?

I'm thinking its worth it to skip building the monument now, and go Tradition > Legalism > Aritocracy first, and then spec the liberty tree for rapid expansion.

With the amount of free culture given fro that, getting the wonder bonus from your third social policy and then getting through the Liberty tree should be a lot faster :)

I'm gonna try a new huge Earth map with Pachacuti, and also delete all my old saved games.

Awesome update, but the new policies that give a free worker and settler? Ouch, maybe a bit OP in my opinion.

Wow this is unfortunate but it seems the AI is not handling the new patch very well :(

First game, immortal difficulty, standard size, pangaea. Turn 100 and im 1st in tech (!!), 3rd in land, 4th in soldiers. I did nothing out of the ordinary, in fact ive been playing sloppily. All I have in terms of tech infrastructure is a lib and NC in capital (52 beakers per turn). I have 5 cities and 2 mohawk warriors (I'm playing Hiawatha). For social policies I went, tradition, legalism, landed elite, liberty, then citizenship; a pretty logical and straightforward opening I would say.

This is insane because I would normally be dead last (or near it) in all these categories...
Anyone else noticing this?

Wow this is unfortunate but it seems the AI is not handling the new patch very well :(

hmmmm, if other people confirm this, i wonder if one of the misc bug fixes was changing the AI from playing on chieftain difficulty.

4th in soldiers on immortal with just 2 mohawk warriors?? That's downright impossible unless you're playing with only 3 opponents? Their starting units alone should be beating you out already.

I'd say it's far more likely that there's a bug in the ranking code.

First game, immortal difficulty, standard size, pangaea. Turn 100 and im 1st in tech (!!), 3rd in land, 4th in soldiers. I did nothing out of the ordinary, in fact ive been playing sloppily. All I have in terms of tech infrastructure is a lib and NC in capital (52 beakers per turn). I have 5 cities and 2 mohawk warriors (I'm playing Hiawatha). For social policies I went, tradition, legalism, landed elite, liberty, then citizenship; a pretty logical and straightforward opening I would say.

This is insane because I would normally be dead last (or near it) in all these categories...
Anyone else noticing this?

The AI replied heavily on ICS - since they removed the advantages of that method a much weaker AI is a direct and completely predictable consequence. This is a feature, not a bug.

Hello guys,
I know it's not much important, but is anybody out there who knows how the patches are named? The last published one was 1.0.1.167, the newest one is numbered 1.0.1.217. For me, there's no obvious pattern behind. Thanks for some answers!

How does that damn legalism work!? I had two cities with monuments when adopted it. A few turns later I tech philosophy and nothing happens, I don't get temples or anything...

And what's with those atolls you're talking about? I didn't see any... How rare are they?

How does that damn legalism work!? I had two cities with monuments when adopted it. A few turns later I tech philosophy and nothing happens, I don't get temples or anything...

And what's with those atolls you're talking about? I didn't see any... How rare are they?

The next four cities you found will start with monuments.

Playing a standard continents, I've only seen one atoll on the coast, so I'm guessing they're fairly rare.

@Poukai: Atolls are an ocean tile feature, so no settling. They are pretty.:)

EDIT - Here's a screenshot at lowish res.

Attachments

• Atoll.jpg
    Atoll.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 450
Its just my impression or the AI is going for ICS?

The two games I played for like 1h30 each (king, fractal, large, fast speed) when I had 2-3 cities the AI had 8-9.

Balance pass on production and maintenance costs throughout the game.

I apologize if I'm just being stupid or if this was already discussed, but what does this mean? And also what is a skirmish map type, I don't remember this one.
Can't play right now so I'm asking.

I apologize if I'm just being stupid or if this was already discussed, but what does this mean? And also what is a skirmish map type, I don't remember this one.
Can't play right now so I'm asking.

They changed the production costs of most buildings. There's a list of the changes either higher up in this thread or in a thread on the Strategy forum. Mostly early buildings have become cheaper and later building have become more expensive to build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom