March Patch Notes (formerly february)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the policy cost reduction from representation retroactive with cities already built?

Is the policy cost reduction from representation retroactive with cities already built?

In a way - if you've got a lot of cities you'll find that once you'll employ Representation the next Policy cost will drop down a LOT, and from then on it won't as painful as before.

But I haven't seen stuff like getting a free policy from it or sth.

Thats what I meant, not retroactive policy gains.

TBS, FPS... we all know the drill.
In fact, we're getting challenged into proving otherwise.
You, on the other hand, deserve much better than being concerned by such comparative attempts between gaming styles.
Trust me, i know.

The point is that a game centered on immersive content (civ) is not as immersive as a smiple game based around shooting people, rescuing hostages, and defusing bombs.

Trust me, I know.

Unfortunately, no. If you ever wonder why, look at the veritable user-side tantrum that was thrown when the February patch, as they originally slated, in fact came out March 1st.

I won't argue with you about the in/validity of the outrage that happened on these forums, but not meeting self-appointed and public deadlines is extremely unprofessional; even with excuses.

I won't argue with you about the in/validity of the outrage that happened on these forums, but not meeting self-appointed and public deadlines is extremely unprofessional; even with excuses.

Except it's not a deadline. It's an ETA.

As in, Estimated Time of Arrival.

Far too many seem to misunderstand that basic phrase.

Except it's not a deadline. It's an ETA.

As in, Estimated Time of Arrival.

Far too many seem to misunderstand that basic phrase.

I don't misunderstand the phrase. From what I remember they smply stated it would come out in February. If the original announcement of the patch included the words "estimated" in it anywhere (even abbreviated) then obviously what I just wrote wouldn't apply to their announcement.

I was making a general statement about professionalism. There's no need to imply that I don't understand the word estimated.

And here we have it. They throw us a bone with an ETA and are now slagged as being unprofessional for having the audacity to go one day past their ETA when unforseen issues arose.

Well, they're being professional now and not telling us a damned thing. Everybody happy? ;)

And here we have it. They throw us a bone with an ETA and are now slagged as being unprofessional for having the audacity to go one day past their ETA when unforseen issues arose.
I guess you don't have the ability to look one post above what you wrote?

Actually, I did read that post, and most of all I got was a big disclaimer trying to distance yourself from accountability of saying that they're unprofessional while still saying it.

Quote where I wrote Firaxis is unprofessional. This is your third reading comprehension failure with regards to my posts in the last hour. I honestly believe you are purposefully trying to incite me.

I don't misunderstand the phrase. From what I remember they smply stated it would come out in February. If the original announcement of the patch included the words "estimated" in it anywhere (even abbreviated) then obviously what I just wrote wouldn't apply to their announcement.

I was making a general statement about professionalism. There's no need to imply that I don't understand the word estimated.

Ah, but sir, I never stated that you misunderstood it.

In the same way that you never called Firaxis unprofessional. ;)

Ah, but sir, I never stated that you misunderstood it.

In the same way that you never called Firaxis unprofessional. ;)

Yes, both were implied. My implication rested on the fact that I believed the patch had a stated date, not an estimated one - something I clarified in a later post. I also clarified that if my belief could be incorrect (which you haven't disproven by the way, so I don't know if I'm wrong). Obviously if my belief is incorect then my implication also wouldn't apply.

You still implied that I don't understand the English language which is basically a personal attack. A flame according to forum rules if you will. I never read anything about questioning a game company's professionalism in the forum rules.

It was only ever an ETA. Ever since the steam FAQ thread last year (where he made a "definite" deadline), 2K Greg has always been careful in making it clear that ETAs are ETAs.

Yes, both were implied. My implication rested on the fact that I believed the patch had a stated date, not an estimated one - something I clarified in a later post. I also clarified that if my belief could be incorrect (which you haven't disproven by the way, so I don't know if I'm wrong). Obviously if my belief is incorect then my implication also wouldn't apply.

You still implied that I don't understand the English language which is basically a personal attack. A flame according to forum rules if you will. I never read anything about questioning a game company's professionalism in the forum rules.

Actually, I honestly didn't intend the first one at you specifically. Rather at all the crying about when it was released, several weeks ago.

Now, the little barb in my second post... Yeah, that was at you. I apologize, but I find things like that entertaining. Nothing personal. :p

And yes, as PieceOfMind said, it was an ETA. All dates given by 2KGreg are ETAs, for very good reason.

It was only ever an ETA.
I honestly didn't read the 2k thread so I just assumed he had stated it as fact from what I read here.

Now, the little barb in my second post... Yeah, that was at you. I apologize, but I find things like that entertaining. Nothing personal. :p
It's np. I dish it out sometimes too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom