MasteryVictory BtS 319

Roamty

BTS
Mastery Victory by Sevo

Updated by Roamty to work with Civ4 BTS 3.19.

Beyond The Sword Mastery Victory v1.1 with the help from 3 mods Beyond The Sword Mastery Victory v1.0 Community Civ V Quot Capita I was able to updated Mastery Victory by Sevo

The work is not mind I pull the code from Community Civ V Mod all I did was updated Mastery Victory so we have a working SDK files to used in other mods. I'am using Sword Mastery Victory v1.0 by Thorn as the base.

They get the credit and anyone who can make it better

Please anyone with working python and knowledge of SDK files please check to see if I got all we need or if It can be made better. I have the python files and Sdk files from the two mods here with this update so you guys can see if I merge it right. Thankyou if anyone can help here. I tested the mod and it does work with what I did

I added autoplay for testing the mod

Get mod here: MasteryVictory

Updated by Thorn to work with Civ4 BTS 3.19.

Beyond The Sword Mastery Victory v1.0

- Reduced the number of turns it takes to show Victory Screen

Future Plans
- None at this time (Civ 5 is coming!)

Sevo's Original Readme

Mastery
A new victory condition for Civ4

The motivation behind this mod stemmed from a basic disatisfaction with games occasionally ending under what seemed to be cheap victories. You could possess 2/3 of the world's land and population, be four screws and a AA-battery from completing a starship to Alpha Centauri, possess the holy cities of all of the earth's great relgions and the all of the greatest cultural cities, and some jerk from the most impoverished and technologically backwards dictatorial nation on the planet gets voted president of the UN and is declared the winner? Bah.

The other thing that seemed to need changing was that players who built and planned with the distant future of their empire in mind were often at a disadvantage to those who sacrificed the long term to complete a short-term victory condition. Also, I just hated finishing a game early before I could see the final legacy of my empire.

The Mastery Victory is a new victory condition that approaches "winning" from a more comprehensive perspective in an attempt to address these issues.

This mod also includes the "Religious Victory" condition pre-made in the game but not available in vanilla.

The Design of the Mastery Condition

I wanted a new victory condition based on a few basic premises:
-Victory should only be judged at the end of the game (time frame)
-It should score civs on multiple different factors that require maximum development of the empire
-Along that line, it should rank players who score highly across many measures better than players who score very well in one area at the sacrifice of other aspects of the game.
-It should allow for a civ that doesn't warmonger to compete more evenly with civs that do while still leaving military battles a central part of the game.
-It should balance a historical and unchangeable component of the score with another component that can rapidly change in the late stages of the game.

The mod was designed to meet these objectives.

The Details

A Mastery Victory is won as follows:
-If selected, the mastery victory replaces the other victory conditions in the game (by nature it can't co-exist with them)
-Mastery Victory is determined ONLY at the end of the time-span of the game. You have to survive to the end.

-Points are given for the following:
-Land - 1 point per % of landmass controlled by team.
-Population - 1 point per % of total planet population possessed by team.
-Culture - 1 point per % of total planet culture belonging to team.
-Religion - 1 point per % of world religion if you control the religion's holy city. Only the top religion you control is scored, so second and third holy cities will not increase your score (but will prevent other civs from gaining points from them).
-Power - Your civ's power is summed throughout all of history. 1 point awarded for each % of the total summed power of all the surviving civs on earth. While power increases throughout time, this does mean that you'll be scored for your military for the whole game span.
-Wonders - 1 point per % of world wonders CONSTRUCTED by the civ, not owned! The game keeps track of who actually builds the wonders as opposed to those who capture them. Wonder benefits are still granted to whoever currently possess the wonders. This makes the investment of a wonder more meaningful and more realistic.
-Legendary Cities - Any city achieving Legendary status grants 30 bonus points. (You can have one, you can have five; you'll receive 30 points for each one you build).
-Starship - 100 points given to any civ launching an interstellar starship. This is a big score bonus but represents a significant achievement; if a civ that hasn't launched a starship is to be considered superior to one that has it must have made significant cultural and military achievements!

At the end of the game the scores are summed and a victor declared.

Notes:
-If you select "Mastery" victory type, the other types will be ignored (since it overrides them).
-The bonuses for Legendary cities and Starship were carefully considered; both are huge investments over the timeline of the game and represent significant achievements by the team. In essence, you are expected to launch a starship by the end of the game. If you don't, you had better have a pretty amazing culture here on earth to win since the other teams are going to be colonizing distant worlds.

Have you playtested it all the way through?

The last time someone attempted to make this work for BTS, there were major issues with the spaceship components and launching. See: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=354481

Hope it works, because the mastery victory really is a great idea. I just don't want to have to play one of the large mods (which make late game very slow on my computer) to use it.

Have you playtested it all the way through?

The last time someone attempted to make this work for BTS, there were major issues with the spaceship components and launching. See: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=354481

Hope it works, because the mastery victory really is a great idea. I just don't want to have to play one of the large mods (which make late game very slow on my computer) to use it.

yes it does play all the way through

Works great, no problems whatsoever. Thanks for converting this into a standalone/modular format.

Top Bottom