Maximum size of the map and 128 opponents

wowa30

Chieftain
What is the maximum size of the map can be done in the file CIV4WorldInfo.hml in version 34? You can do for me dll 128 or 256 opponents?

Why would you even think you could play with 128 much less 256 opponents?

You're dealing with a single core 32 bit engine that runs Civ IV BtS.

Players that have tried to play with more than 28 AI Always report problems even with new computers and 16+GB of ram. Too Much Data for the engine to handle.

JosEPh

Why would you even think you could play with 128 much less 256 opponents?

You're dealing with a single core 32 bit engine that runs Civ IV BtS.

Players that have tried to play with more than 28 AI Always report problems even with new computers and 16+GB of ram. Too Much Data for the engine to handle.

JosEPh

I say more than 15 is waaaay to much already:mischief:

It's a pity...Europa Universalis 4 has a lot of states here would be the same

What is the maximum size of the map can be done in the file CIV4WorldInfo.hml in version 34?

It's a pity...Europa Universalis 4 has a lot of states here would be the same

What is the maximum size of the map can be done in the file CIV4WorldInfo.hml in version 34?

You can not compare EU IV with Civ IV, completely different game engines, completely different coding.

The biggest map size in C2C is Immense which is larger by 2 levels than any Standard BtS map. And again Enormous and Immense Maps are "Beta" attempts and may or may not be stable. Play at your own risk, they are Options for the boundary pushers.

JosEPh

You can not compare EU IV with Civ IV, completely different game engines, completely different coding.

The biggest map size in C2C is Immense which is larger by 2 levels than any Standard BtS map. And again Enormous and Immense Maps are "Beta" attempts and may or may not be stable. Play at your own risk, they are Options for the boundary pushers.

JosEPh

I agree, MOST options here in C2C or just that "options." I recommend not playing more than a Giant map, and that might be too big with 7-9 civs, that way you can at least get to the Modern Era.

As JosEPh said above playing very high with stuff here is your own risk, but dont look to end a game of C2C at all then.:(:)

wowa30, I think your making a very basic mistake comparing EU4 and Civ4. The thing is that each city (Civ4) founded is basically a province capital (EU4). The difference is that in Civ4 the provinces aren't actually fixed borders like in EU4. The other major difference is your playing over tens of thousands of years (C2C) or thousands (Civ4) rather than around 400 years like in EU4.

So basically, every CIv4 city is actual a player by EU4 standards... its actually better to compare C2C to Crusader Kings 2 that EU4. The characters interactions are just abstracted into Unhealthy/Healthy and Happy/Unhappy mechanics.

That and having to come up with random culture accurate names for tens of thousands of years for hundreds with possible Civs, would require a Gigabyte or so sized text file.

The other issue (besides engine restrictions) is that with 128 Civs the diplomacy would make the game unplayable shortly after you meet other Civs and the start putting you in contact with other Civs until each turn would take hours to get through all the diplomacy demands for free stuffs screen.

Not to mention you'd have nightmarish alliance chains that make WW1 look bland. No Civ could attack anyone without a world war. With a 128 Civs that means your going entually hit a terrible 1 pop city and automatically torch it... and now half the world hates you... forever. You'd also get some idiot empire with 50 1 city vassals that go psycho almost at random... and at that point you may as well give up diplomacy altogether and default to playing with the [Always at War] option on.

The best giant hoard of Civs game tactic, I know of, involves a custom game (which you should be doing anyway). Pick the max count of AI Civs by setting them to AI and scrolling down list until you can't make anymore. The include the starting options of [Start as minor], [Raging Barbarians], prehistoric start, and one of the longer game speeds.

With this set up, diplomacy is disabled until a Civ hits the tech 'Writing'. This will give you a good field of randomness as too who survives and where the cities are. By the time you actually get to the point where most countries have writing is all empire versus empire .
---

Out of curiosity, wowa30, is there any particular things your trying to get out of the game by asking for the option of 100+ Civs at once or is it just a 'more is better' thing?

I play EU4, there are hundreds of opponents, but a little time, few products, few types of troops, few buildings. In C2C I lack only the set of large and small states, as in EU4. EU4's not hate all after the first 10 years.

I also lacking in C2C battles and troops, as was done Battle Isle 4.

I also lacking in C2C detailed organization of trade and transportation of people. Approximately how Transport Tycoon. For example, there are 1,000 kg of grain, it is necessary to have 10 carts (or 2 boats), 5 of them to send in one place, so much grain is expensive, and 5 more to his vassals to help the besieged city of barbarians.

I also do not have enough, if the population of the city such as 50,000 people a second, third, etc. bakery or forge

This is not enough for me personally

So basically, your issue boils down to C2C not having enough random fiddly details to muck about with as Civ games like there vague abstractions of fiddly details.

I think I'm reading your post correctly, but its seems to be an ad for your first language not being English. I can get your meanings except I'm confused by 'EU4's not hate all after the first 10 years.' I'm taking it you stating the difficultly in EU4 drops off far too fast for your taste. EU4 and Civ5 tend to be dumbed down in difficulty compared to EU3 and Civ4... that always happens when they try to make a game sequel aimed towards casual gamers.

Most of what your saying is that you want to add the best features of several games to this mod. Games where that feature is the focus of the game. Most of this a result of not knowing exactly how many people a single population point represents.

They do actually have the build more of this building as time goes on and population increases. This is why the forge is eventually replaced with a different building. The Forge no longer is enough to handle the needs of the population so a better type of building replaces it. Building a grass hut in a city does mean there is a single grass hut in the city. It means the population lives in grass huts.

So the building a second forge at population 50000 is actually part of the game.. The mechanics are there, they just aren't stated bluntly. This is also why some buildings take previous buildings being build and/or certain population levels to build.

I think most of your problems are that your not seeing the game features already there as the way they are shown exactly like they are in a different game. Personal taste and experience flavor this kind of thing.

I think your caught up in the hundreds of opponents thing too much... you can never interact with all of them anyway... and the expanding cultural borders tend to cover absorbing the meaningless little countries into your nation.

Top Bottom