• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

MD Cavalry x Conquistador

ArnoldI

I have no idea what I'm doing in Civ VI
I, finally, discovered that the Conquistador doesn't suffer penalty when attacking cities.

But this gives me a strange feeling. What is the point of the MD Cavalry if another UU have not just the same bonus as it, but also more two or three bonuses.

Isn't it unfair to have some UUs that are clearly underpowered?

Mand cavs are a bit cheaper in hammers (and I think gold, haven't checked upgrade cost) than knights, while Conquistadors are a bit more expensive than knights. However, yes, the Conquistador is generally a better UU imo. Having stronger/weaker UU's pr UB's or UA's is ok on its own, as long as it all comes out in the wash when you consider the civ as a whole.

The thing about some unique units is that they are too closely tied to be separated from their UA's. It's not always the case but often is, some civs more than others - and in this case, Songhai falls into the more than others category.

They get triple the coin from pillaging barbarians and cities. The cities encourages that you do the bulk of your attacking during the MD Cavalry life-span, which is easier to do considering they are cheaper, -8% cheaper to be exact. That can make a difference in the close games. The conquistador on the other hand is +13% more expensive to build. The MD Cavalry also receives the War Canoe and Amphibious promotions from the UA. The War Canoe is more situational but the Amphibious aspect is a big boost

Conquistadors are strong, and they should be, it's the only unit that single-handily wiped out 3 civilizations in the game.

Actually it was small pox that did most of the wiping out, not the Conquistadors... :lol:

Conquistadors are strong, and they should be, it's the only unit that single-handily wiped out 3 civilizations in the game.

Maybe you are forgetting about Chingez Keshliks. :mischief:

And I agree, it makes MD cav less interesting. I really like truly unique UUs.

Keshiks, khans and siege weapons, for sure, but conquistadors did it all by themselves :lol:
Actually they did not do it by themselves. There were quite a few different native factions and many of them helped the conquistadors defeat the ruling civilizations. They are often forgotten about due to a tendency not to mention them in the accounts of the conquistadors' conquests.

Top Bottom