Mechanos Steamworks - How? [Solved]

Castaras

Chieftain
Hi, me and a friend of mine were playing a multiplayer game while testing out RiFE - I was the D'tesh, he was the Mechanos. However, neither of us could or can work out how to get the Steamworks for the Mechanos - I've read through searching that there was something to do with great engineers or something, but couldn't find any detailed explanation or even just a "this tech, this person" explanation on how to build them. Anyone able to enlighten us?

Thanks

I'm pretty sure you just need a great engineer to build it (like great prophets build the religious shrines). Perhaps it requires the Mechanos Palace, but besides that, there shouldn't be any requirements...

Well, I've managed to work out why we couldn't do his worldspell, but that's brought up another problem.

When I create a game, be it single or multiplayer, the game seems to automatically apply a few extra settings that I can't change in the custom game menu - "Remove Religion RoK", "Remove Religion Empyrean" and "No World Spells". These don't appear in the custom options list. Any ideas? :S

Did you try starting a game with Play Now first? There are some hidden gameoptions used for scenarios and if you have run another mod (or vanilla) they might get selected and mess things up. A Play Now! resets the options to mod default. You don't need to finish it, only start it.

Did you try starting a game with Play Now first? There are some hidden gameoptions used for scenarios and if you have run another mod (or vanilla) they might get selected and mess things up. A Play Now! resets the options to mod default. You don't need to finish it, only start it.

This fixed it, looks like the Fall Further Mod we were using before RiFE probably caused the issues. :)

Top Bottom