Medic Promotion Visualization

SaibotLieh

Emperor
This modcomp changes the units Infantry, Marines and Mechanized Infantry so that they now display red cross symbols as soon as they get the Medic 2 promotion. For this to work, the entry for the Medic 2 is also altered, but this change does not affect other units in any way. There are also female versions for the Infantry and Marines included in the download.
Spoiler :

There are no SDK or Python changes involved. The mod is mostly modular. All files in the zip-file are already put into the necessary folders, unzipping it directly in the Mods folder of BtS should result into a working mod. The only reason that this modcomp is not completely modular is that the CIV4PromotionInfos.xml file can not be made modular. However, only the LayerAnimationPath entry is changed and therefore merging of this mod should be quick and easy.

Download link: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=20312

Enjoy! :)

...mhh....mmhh....interesting.
That means...it would theoretically be possible to have units with changing civ insignia over time, right?
(...if somebody took up the work...)
Interesting. And a very good idea with the medic, looks nice on the images :).

Interesting. And a very good idea with the medic, looks nice on the images :).
Thanks. :)
...mhh....mmhh....interesting.
That means...it would theoretically be possible to have units with changing civ insignia over time, right?
(...if somebody took up the work...)
Only when you create automatic promotions for different eras. What you could do is create a promotion for each civ and use this to let the unit sport a civ specific symbol. However, I guess the possibilities of the civ4civilizationinfos.xml file are already sufficient for that.
Very interesting. It could have wider use ... Downloading and explore :)

As far as I know yet the LayerAnimationPath entry can be used to make previous invisible meshes visible and vice versa or make changes to a mesh that are not modified again by another animation (resizing should work most of the time for example). So one could create a swordmen that starts with just a sword, but with each Combat promotion he gets more equipment (shield, helmet, armor, bigger sword and so on). Or one could create a airplane that gets some bombs or an extra fuel tank attached with the fitting promotions.

By the way, the Gravebringer from the Afterworld scenario makes quite some use of the LayerAnimationPath entries. From this example I learned how to do this myself.

The nice part is that one does not have to fiddle with Python or the SDK to get this to work. On the other hand, one has to modify some more xml files, create a kf file for the extra animation and change the kfm of the unit accordingly. I guess it is a matter of taste. :)

Ah I was right, promotions cannot work in modular form, dacubz bluffed me lol :D

Top Bottom