Medieval Age (Fictional) 0.1 Alpha

thanks for the explanation. my copy of civilization is only Italian but creed is not that the solution. I have installed others mod in English language and read the text of the game well. I am not absolutely in a position to resolving. sin: to me it appeals to a lot the period middle age

If you have the european version (i guess, an italian version is nowhere else sold), then you can change your language to english in the game option menu.
And the appearance of english depends, on how the text files are done, so some can work for you, some can't.

I have made as you have said and I have resolved the problem. thanks to all.

Thank you The_J, now that I saw your point and read his post again I should have realised what he meant, but I failed, sorry barbone.

Civilicious: Like I stated around my posts and opening I aint a creator im just a "stealer" when it comes to Python,SDK so yes the ambush promotion has been ripped from another mod, more precisley HOTK but since you requested I`ll upload the SDK tommorow as soon as I can get my main computer to start, its harddisk is dieing and its like a ritual to manage and get it started for another tens of minutes so I can squeeze info out of it before it fatal crashes again.

EDIT:SDK Source Code

Im a stealer too, sometimes I can see how things are done and replicate it but don't have the knowledge to bring my imaginations to life in the game. Anyway I can probably just look at HOTK and get the code from there so don't worry about it, although it is always cool when people include the SDK stuff. Thanks.

Well its been awhile not as much done as the time has passed:
Changelog 0.3 :
-Replaced the UnitArtStyles for Leon and Castille with Bakuels new Spanish,Portuguese.
-Added new tags to traits: bBenevolent, bDiplomatic, bBarbarianAlly, iPillagingGold,
PeaceCommerceModifiers.
-Added new tags to promotions: bWonCombatSprawlBarbarian, iExpireChance,
iHillsWithdrawalChange, iFeatureWithdrawalChanges, iTerrainWithdrawalChange,
iHillsFirstStrike, bRemoveAfterCombat, iFeatureFirstStrike, iTerrainFirstStrike, iGoldCost.
-Added new tags to improvements: ImprovementRequired, iMakesInvalidRange.
-Added new tags to units: PromotionFromCombat.
-Replaced Invisibility system with the one from Conquerors Delight (far more user
friendly no more SDK change to alter the promotion)
-Redone the Leaders numbers,traits,flavours,declarewarrand to fit more their
personality(around 70% of them got a redone).
-FreeXPfromCombat in Traits now works correctly.
-New traits Benevolent, Diplomatic, Crusader.
-New countrys: Teutonic Order, Kingdom of Jerusalem.
-Light Swordsman, Light Cavalry is now a default unit resulting in removing lots of
useless XML from UnitInfo (Note: the countrys that dont have the art still wont have
light swordsman/light Cavalry).
-Various graphics fixes,adds for units (notebly Light Cavalry from Ambrox)
-Banned some more units, buildings for various countrys that need to have a more barbaric
feeling.
-New promotion: Frontal Assault II, Demagogue, March(readded).
-Added Order of Caltrava (Master, Knight) for Castille and Leon.
-Republic requires WRE country.
-New units: Primitive Cannon(Song), Bombard(Ottoman), Dromon(Byzantine), Tripoli Knight,
Tripoli Squire, Jerusalem Knight/Squire/Dismounted Knight(Jerusalem), Fore Druzhina(Kiev), Boyars(Kiev), Roman Worker(WRE), Order Hauer(Tetuon).
-New Resources: banana(readded), Sulf.
-Gunpowder units now require Coal and Sulf(to balance their somewhat OP).
-New techs: Alchemy, Gunpowder, Arquebus(available only: Song, Ottoman).
-New cultural building styles for: Palace.
-New wonders/buildings: Flavian Amphitheatre(WRE), Circus Maximus(WRE), Stockade,
Fortified Towers, Keep.
-Lots of balance changes or graphic swaps/changes arent mentioned (too troublesome).

This is the current changelog( I wanted to add a Native American Country since i had some ideeas about its uniqueness but instead i ended up changeing more the European Countrys which is not a bad thing after all since most of them feel so the same) I would want to add some other SDK features first before a future release but im not sure, since for the next 2 weeks i wont be able to work anymore on it.

UK Scenario for Medieval Age Mod.

Thank you very much Horem im gonna look into it once I download version 0.2 since the new aditions in 0.3 wont allow me to open the scenario :( . You build the scenario on 0.2 right ?

I belive is was 0.2 ya.....I don't see where to get 0.3?

AH I see the change log and you redid the Civ's which would be why u cant open it in 0.3, wont take much to change the scenario I hope ;) . Which doesnt realy matter since its all work in progress.

I'll stick it on Hold till I can get ma hands on 0.3.

On another note thou, am I correct in asuming you are using the 50 civ dll? Im pretty sure you are ;)

Suggestion
I noticed your mod starts at around 600AD, I must confess I havnt played the mod much yet, which is about a 150years after the colapse of the Roman Empire, most of the UK at that time was split into Duchies/Provinces/Lordships, England wasnt formed untill about 950AD, Scotland around 1100AD and well Ireland was not formed untill well after the Engliish conqured them, like around 1800AD or later. Taking this into account and the fact your using a large civ dll Adding in the Duchies/Provinces/Lordships of Ireland/Scotland & England as playable civs and having an event at a set period of time or even based on Blah amount of cities, that spawns England/Ireland/Scotland, I think FFH accomplished this with the Merucians and Infernals. Its just a suggestion. ;)

Btw you can see the span of history, what powers came and went on this website:- http://www.euratlas.net/history/europe/600/index.html

Sorry for the late response i have been to Israel on vacation. No 0.3 is not out yet since i havent worked anything on the past week.
Well the main scenario was around 1000/1050 AD ready to start, so I dont know about all those small duchys, provinces, lordships since i have some other priorities first ( finally sketched the main ideea behind the iroquois but i dont know how that will act in-game(AI speaking) until all their features are included). I am currently adding/changing the Kingdom of Jerusalem a bit also looking at the defensive building system a bit as i want to expand it (Affores brought the inspiration ) too bad there isnt a moat building :( . Other than that i think i made some cheap graphics and found a way to make it look nice ( not 3 castles in the same city takeing up a huge space).
I used that from day 1 when i started working on the mod :D

Well I shall be keeping a close eye on this, as it has a lot of potential. (Medival Ages has got to be one of the most intresting pieces of history)

version 0.3 uploaded. download link in first post final changelog 2nd post .

Tried a game as the English, Vikings are realy anoying :)

Mounted Infantry dont show up to build for the English.

The Game I played Hang's at turn 454, just after researching Currency. And by Hang's I mean:- I press enter to end Turn get the Spinning Globe and the message Waiting for other Civilizations, Currency finishes, I get my Gold for the Turn and thats as far as it gets, It is still "Waiting for other civilizations", its been 10m now ;) Oh there was a Autosave just before and a Worker cleared a forest, and Consatantinople had Floods.

Can use the game Menu to exit too main menu which I have just done.

Edit:

Reloaded the Autosave, Turn Winter 454.....and it still hang's the next turn :(
Not sure its related but may help, the game slows alot after about Winter 425, the turns go from like 1-5s per turn to 15-30s
I also ajusted the Map a bit, Re positioned the Starting Civ's to align more with thier true starting positions. Added a few resources here and there. Doubt this would make the game hang thou.

Tried a game as the English, Vikings are realy anoying :)

Mounted Infantry dont show up to build for the English.

The Game I played Hang's at turn 454, just after researching Currency. And by Hang's I mean:- I press enter to end Turn get the Spinning Globe and the message Waiting for other Civilizations, Currency finishes, I get my Gold for the Turn and thats as far as it gets, It is still "Waiting for other civilizations", its been 10m now ;) Oh there was a Autosave just before and a Worker cleared a forest, and Consatantinople had Floods.

Can use the game Menu to exit too main menu which I have just done.

Edit:

Reloaded the Autosave, Turn Winter 454.....and it still hang's the next turn :(
Not sure its related but may help, the game slows alot after about Winter 425, the turns go from like 1-5s per turn to 15-30s
I also ajusted the Map a bit, Re positioned the Starting Civ's to align more with thier true starting positions. Added a few resources here and there. Doubt this would make the game hang thou.

Sorry for this extremely late response i am learning for a new college so my time was very limited, plus the damn email didnt send me a notifier good thing i checked it manually now cause i would have responded earlier. I met the "Freeze of time " too its cause by either vassals at war or simply wars. Most of the time by going 1 turn before and ending 1 war at a time you can find the problem , if i remember right its an issue that was seen a lot before. After i finish with this exam im gonna remove some features from the SDK since they seem to be the cause of the huge delay after just 1 certain turn the time increases like you said(met that too after the newest SDK adds with bonus for stacks etc.), also i`ll need to update the Better BTS AI to 1.0 since the one the mod is useing is older.

Intresting will look into your saved game (hope i got the time this weekend) to see how the world looks all of my playtests in the last month from around march i think have been only on custom games so i havent seen how europe evolves with the new additions. Nice to hear they are annoying ive tried to make them as warmongers as possible plus they dont accept peace easy :p .

EDIT: the mounted infantry in not an available unit its cost is -1 its a leftover from Charlemagne scenario which i used as a base. If i remeber right unless you got the meele support promotion the only cavalry that can defend is from croats the companion cavalry.
hm here is a list of the default units all countries have them : Archer, Longbowman, Ctrossbowman, Axeman, Hvy. Swordsman, Maceman, Hvy. Cavalry, Knight there are some esceptions even to this rule :Sweden no knights, Bulgaria no crossbowman but they are few.
And there is also a deut only avaliable to certain civs class of units (not talking about UU): Light Cavalry, Light Swordsman

EDIT2: I checked the scenario its not from the war as i thought it would. It seems this bug appears when a certain nation is in game: my guess is the Vikings (because of their peace with barbarians trait ). I`ll further test this when i have more time and see into changeing the code with the FFH one.

Please redownload this mod because when I try download it,don t work.
Download link is broken

Hey bojan25 sorry i dont have 0.3 anymore. If you want however i can upload 0.4? coincidence has it that i was just trying to get 3ds max to work so i can change a bit a building, although i hadnt done anything for the mod since october, well nothing important anyways.

EDIT:
Changelog 0.4 :
-New Civs: Iroquois League(Unitartstyle, limited buildings, units, improvements and techs, added leader, added religion, added civic, extremely low maintainance. The IL has a unique playstyle although being extremely OP in the beginning of the game they lack siege weapons, their only chance of later takeing fortified cities being to capture siege through their trait. They also lack a huge number of buildings and cant research a lot of techs, resulting into a more primitive feel to the nation. However their nation must be able to field a huge number of units), Almoravid Dynasty, Kingdom of Armenia, Zengid Dynasty.
-Promotion Tags: CaptureFromCombat.
-New Civics: Grand Council.
-New Religion: Shamanism.
-New Promotion: Convert.
-New Traits: Strong Culture.
-New Buildings: Local Crops(IL), Wampum Keeper(IL), Shaman Tent(IL), Totem(IL), Trading Post(IL), Elder Council(IL), Thick Walls (KoJ).
-New units: Kurdish Swordsman(Ayyubid), Camelrider(Zengid), Camelarcher(Zengid), Dismounted Tawashi(Ayyubid), Sultans guard(fatimid), Berber Infantry(Fatimid), Varangian Guard(Viking/Byzantine), War Firethrower(Byzantine).
-Unitartstyles for Ayyubid changed to Bakuels new arab ones, Fatimid the same, Almoravid took over the artstyle of fatimid, zengid took over the old ottoman one.
-Some more gameplay changes: siege weapons wont count for tilespace on comps(since they are too stupid to bring 2 stacks :p), AI can build new units even if city tile if full(again a cheap solution to a desperate problem), a withdrawal chance based on a random number(50%) and then on damage taken; so some infantry might end up in a draw sometimes), no more voting members that dont have state religion as AP religion, Military Encampment(That allows for maceman, knight) now requires 3 stables and 3 barracks so more hvy swordsman/light swordsman must appear to balance the richer/poorer percent of soldiers, units no longer require resources, however the resources bring a boost to buildingcost.
-I have no ideea what else has changed but im sure they have a lot of them, unit arts, effects of buildings and so on, 98% of the changes took place in the may-june period and then in october, so only 2% is december this year.
-Lots of small tweaks

EDIT2: v 0.4
Download

No problem and if you have any suggestions, please do them. Have fun ;)

Top Bottom