Medieval Western Siege Weapons

imperator1961

Last of the Mohicans
From left to right:

Bizantine Ballista, Bizantine Early Greek Fire, Bizantine Late Greek Fire, Early Bizantine Catapult, Western Eavy Crossbow, Crusader Ballista.

High Medieval Bizantine Catapult, High Medieval Muslim/Moor Catapult, High Medieval Western Catapult, Muslim/Moor Mangonel, Late Medieval Western Trebuchet, Late Medieval Muslim/Moor Trebuchet, Dark Ages Onager.

Late Roman Catapult, Dark Ages Stone Thrower, Muslim/Moor Ballista, Muslim/Moor Catapult, Muslim/Moor Heavy Crossbow.

Medieval Western Mangonel, Crusader Catapult, Medieval Western Springal.

Download:
Part I
Part II
Part III

In the attachment section at the bottom of this post you can find the right PediaIcons for the High Medieval Bizantine Catapult, and those for the Crusader Catapult.

Attachments

• PediaIcons.rar
    10.7 KB · Views: 481
  • PediaIcons1.rar
    11.4 KB · Views: 457
As a siege engineer* myself, I can only bow down in astonishment.

THANK YOU.

*Don't believe it?
Spoiler :

Here are my toys:

Ok, just checked them. It was hard not to shout "OMG! Look at all the details, OMG!"
They are the best pre-modern siege weapons I've ever seen here, period.

Just a few remarks, if you don't mind.

- The civ-colored sleeves and trousers are a perfect solution, thank you! I can assume why you didn't use them on the dark ages units, but maybe they could need some CC too. How about adding a small shield or a painted spear or a similar object next time you're making a similar unit? Thank you for NOT civ coloring the siege machines. :)

- The counterweight basket of the trebuchet isn't swinging, which is a little odd. The arm could swing forward a little more when throwing.

- When a shot is released, the sling usually swings forward like a whip.

I figure this is very hard to do for a civ unit, so it's just a remark.

Don't get me wrong - I love these units. I'm just really interested in siege machinery so there are some things I noticed. ;)

Aye carumba!

These are some absolutely beautiful models! Did you make them all yourself Imperator? Wow! :eek:

Thanks but not all the weapons are made by me: only the Muslim/Moor Ballista is self-made, the others are models I have found in internet. Obiouvsly these models are hardly customized by me to obtain the final model.

You know I had just noticed recently that there's not too many pure medieval siege units. This fills some gaps nicely. Thanks, Imperator!

very good units. i told you it would be worth investing in the creation of trebuchet and other large siege engines. pardon my question, but why is the crusader ballista yellow?? any historical fact behind?

Top Bottom