Mehmet the Conqueror achievement

killmeplease

Mk Z on Steam
As the Turks, conquer Istanbul on Deity in the Into the Renaissance scenario
Did anybody get it?
The player starts between Theodora and Saladin. For the first I bribed Sal to DOW Theodora (and declared on her too, managed to capture one city) but then he made peace with her and attacked me. Two front war on Deity - meh.. Terrain isnt very good for defensive war vs Saladin. Maybe I should turtle on the west and attack Saladin, kill him and then switch to Theodora?

Havent tried it. Sounds fun though. I might start plying some scenarios for a change. I only ever played the American Civil war one and it wasn't as good as the Civ 2 American Civil War Scenario from 15 years ago!

As the Turks, conquer Istanbul on Deity in the Into the Renaissance scenario
Did anybody get it?

According to steam stats: 0.1% of all players have this. (Second fewest)

(Fewest is Ottoman Carpentry & Third fewest is Richard the Lionheart)

I've seen someone on this site post he has 286 of 287, so there is someone here that's gotten it.

As to the achievement, it doesn't appear to require actually winning the game, so looks like it's go all out to capture Istanbul is the way to go even if it's kind of Pyrrhic.

Well, second approach - Saladin is more collaborating now. Managed to bribe him into war for 100 gold lol (in his treasury he had several thouzands at the moment). So it depends on luck i believe. Also, i didnt expand in his direction this time, maybe this saved me. If Saladin doesnt attack from the south, fighting Theodora feels quite trivial. Though, theres Jerusalem CS just to the south, which Saladin captures from the very start, it enables founder beliefs to a player who controls it (+1 gold per 4 islam followers in the world). Very tempting..

Well, second approach - Saladin is more collaborating now. Managed to bribe him into war for 100 gold lol (in his treasury he had several thouzands at the moment). So it depends on luck i believe. Also, i didnt expand in his direction this time, maybe this saved me. If Saladin doesnt attack from the south, fighting Theodora feels quite trivial. Though, theres Jerusalem CS just to the south, which Saladin captures from the very start, it enables founder beliefs to a player who controls it (+1 gold per 4 islam followers in the world). Very tempting..

If after the achievement, don't get distracted from the main goal.

Resurrecting a dead thread, but I didn't see anyone talking about how they managed to do the achievement.

I had to go south first, if you don''t Saladin will chew up your back side. Quickly take Jerusalem and Mecca. Establish what cities make sense to support the four hex fort wall across the desert (Sinai). I was in a war with Saladin for most of the game. I did bribe him into war with Theodora just as he was concentrating along my borders before I could take Mecca. This gave me the time to finish my defensive preparations. I was never in any danger of having him break though in the south.. all the desert tiles were forts and roads to allow quick movement of troops.

Then go after Theodora, slowly, building a few cities along the way. I had a bit of trouble with the Mongols but again bribed them into war with Theodora. I ignored Education and got all the military techs as soon as I could, taking down Constantinople with Longswordsmen and Trebuchets.

Top Bottom