• Sweet

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Not too shabby

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Not of interest

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Propaganda
Hey, would you able to explain how I can rename extensions in Windows XP Pro? Also, can you answer the questions I posted earlier? Thanks.

What? Have they removed the View menu? Oh man. :confused: If there is one, however (I have never used XP) then you should look for a submenu called Options and then click on the View tab. There should be an option saying something like "Hide file extensions of properly registered file types". Then uncheck the box and click Apply. Now you should be able to see the file extensions, too.

This was how to do it on older Windows os's, but I really see no reason why they would have removed such an important setting.

Uh oh, I said I would try to avoid the forums and look how long I've lasted.

Anyhow, the server's deceased at the moment for reasons unknown. The server overlord has been whined to but is yet to respond. At any rate, I do not expect the service to resume until lunchtime (EDT) at the earliest, unless this is just a temporary connection outage which will clear up at a random time on its own.

Someone up there asked about opening .ace archives. I'd tell you to go read the download page because it tells you precisely how to do that in the first paragraph, but alas, the server is down, and so my wisea$$ ways must be put on hold. Here: use WinAce. It is superior to WinZip in so many ways it's not even funny.

Finally back from vacation!!!

Jagd: That is the problem with adding civilizations that didn't really have a stellar army. You either model them accurately and no one plays them or you stray from history to make it balanced. It is a double-edged sword and one that I have so far avoided by sticking to strong powers during WWII.

the computer will play them, and with some luck and support they might grow eventually and become kinda powerful -- who knows?

i might even add that i sometimes like to take on such challenges to play minor powers, at least as long as i can sort of rely on my mighty allies. the burden of responsibility on my shoulders is eased in that case, so to say :)

Well. Now that some people have sampled the produce ;) I would like to ask what you would like the next version to include. Regardless of the XP coming up I would like to continue this mod and eventually use this rule set combined with the XP to make some great scenarios.

Until then what suggestions do you have to make it better? What would you like to see in the next version? New civs seem popular so if you want to see one be specific about what they would have for units, their leader, etc. Personally, as far as a new civ I would add Italy and/or Finland and/or Canada. All were large contributors.

Would you like to have seperate naval aircraft? So we don't have B29s leaving from carriers? :cool:

Gimme any suggestions you have! I would prefer it if you try to fit your suggestions in with the game model we have. Though changes can be suggested to it as well!

Cheers.

I would like all of the above, also tossing in China, Austria and Turkey, and their respective leaders and UUs. ;)

i found a typo that you might want to correct.
when playing the germans, the leader has the title 'Fürher', but it has to be 'Führer'.
the 'h' is not where it should be. :)

is it correct that the japanese dont have a third tank?
they dont get a tank with tanks I, do they?
i have found only two japanese tanks in the editor.

and if i recall correctly, the russian t-34/76 does not upgrade correctly, as it wants to upgrade again to the t-34/76 and not to the T-34/85.

and there's also a minor typo concerning the german city "Königsberg" -- it says "Konigsberg" in the game.

i hope i could help a bit.

The Japanese only get Type 87 and then Type 97. The have no tank at Tanks III. The upgrade path for Russian tanks works fine. Thanks for the spelling corrections. :goodjob:

hehe, as i said, 'i hope i could help a bit.'

okay, its only bit -- but i never claimed it would help alot :)

Comon you didnt give Germany the 88mm AA/AT gun? bah shame on you. That was the best AT gun could slice through enemy tanks like butter at long ranges. I guess it would be a little wierd to model in civ tho so il give ya a break.

Mods seems good... il try it out.

LOL. There were many things that couldn't be done properly with out a "firepower" stat. Until Firaxis fixes this an 88 would just be a really slow tank. And since 88s were AT guns but I can't model it they would kill everything really well. Sucks eh?

:mad:

add as much ww2 civs as you can and know.
this will bring much more wars to the ww2 mod.
espacily: italy, finland, china, australia, etc.

and make the tanks a bit stronger, to all civs...

Yes. Thanks. As for tanks I agree 100%. Offense is very tough against infantry. So, I think I will adjust the bonuses given to cities and metropolises because they make infantry almost impossible. This will ensure that something can stop tanks and tanks are still powerful enough.

:king:

i saw in the green lines (you know what i mean right?) that infantry have 7 or more and tanks have 4, what that mean???

oh, and make the civs us thire own kind of govements...
russia in fascism it's sound not good...

Top Bottom