Melcher's Leaderheads

I did something similar with my Trung leaderhead

One sister was the regular nif. The second (BG one) was the leader nif but added the BG mesh behind it. I then changed the BG kfm to show the leader's animmation.

I thought about doing this for Alexander by adding a horse unit behind him that was animated but felt that the units were too low poly (and too much work to add detail) to add it.

fyi with units you can also edit the animations in blender to add more too.

Hey there!
I've skipped the hole units as leaderheads thing, mainly because it would be still a good amount of work to make it look nice. And why shouldn't i (or you) just make a real leaderheads instead then which will look much better.
I will use that for the background settings in the future.

So, i'm currently working on some leaderheads for my fantasy scenario. I already have concepts for 5-6 races (desert, wasteland, snow/mountains, jungle, grasland).
I'm still looking for some ideas. Therefore if you ever wanted something specific in that section, let me know. Now is your chance, maybe i will like it.

And here is a little preview of the most advanced LH right now. She will lead some sort of desert people. Still need some work.

Some of you may think: What the hell is that? That's not an useful armor at all! What's all the unnecessary stuff except the bra doing there. Well.....:mischief:

Spoiler :

Anyways, i will release them when they are done, even if there is not much need for LHs like this. :)

Attachments

• wip.jpg
    wip.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 1,309
Interesting!

The fact that there are not much fantasy leaderheads is actually a good point in releasing them ;)

Looks good too me... still though, don't you think she would look better like this

Haha, J/K, looks great IMO, we need more fantasy leaders around... I have an orc in the works if you're interested in that one later on too ;)

Thanks guys!

Looks good too me... still though, don't you think she would look better like this

Tempting, indeed. But this isn't for an elder scrolls game!

Haha, J/K, looks great IMO, we need more fantasy leaders around... I have an orc in the works if you're interested in that one later on too ;)

Sure. I was thinking of something similar, some orcish style Leaderhead. Have some ideas already, but i would be certainly interested to see what you've got.

Why am I thinking Svartalfar?

Not sure. :D Only played Ffh once, long time ago. But i have a weakness for black and white clothing/armors with some colors mixed in. Svartalfar is similar i think.

Good Day Melcher! your talent in making LH is truly remarkable... I also give credits to those whom I think is good in making LH's (namely Novator, Pencilgod, Ekmek and Saibotleih)...
now to my request... can you make a better version of Wu Zetain (much like in civilization 5)... to tell you honestly... I've seen all Wu Zetain leaderheads and I don't like it.

Other requests will be
Jose Rizal (Philippine National Hero)
King Sejong (better version) I've seen some created LH's but they're not okay for me.
Oliver Cromwell
Queen Mary Tudor aka Bloody Mary

well it's up to you if you just choose one but I would likely appreciate if you picked Rizal or Sejong... salamat po:clap:

Enjoy creating LH's

It's Wu Zetian,not Wu Zetain.
By my opinion there already is a good Sejong and there are two good Wu Zetian leaderheads.
Sadly enough I think melcher has quitted making non-fictional leaderheads.

Hehh, 5 requested LHs? :p
It's a little much, don't you think?
Especially after Melcher said he probably won't take any requests for a while (if ever)

Melcher... about those fantasy LH's... you still creating those? In that case... would it be possible to create your generic Snow/Mountains a bit like a Norse king? I had specifically Sigurd I of Norway in mind. He could be a half-generic guy that could work well for both purposes you know ;)

It's Wu Zetian,not Wu Zetain.
By my opinion there already is a good Sejong and there are two good Wu Zetian leaderheads.
Sadly enough I think melcher has quitted making non-fictional leaderheads.

thank you for the correction, but in my opinion the art for Wu Zetian isn't as impressive as the other women LH... but anyway, I'll just use Empress Dowager as Chinese LH
:hmm:

and for Sejong, he looks like a rip off of an unknown Chinese Leader and his face is not historically correct.. at least Taejo is right, enough to make my Korean friends smile:)

and for Sejong, he looks like a rip off of an unknown Chinese Leader and his face is not historically correct..

It's a reskin of Taizong, official LH by Firaxis.
Released in the chinese version of Civ IV
Having said that, I agree with the historically not correct, but the LH quality is not bad at all

I'll just use Empress Dowager as Chinese LH
Do you mean Cixi?
If so,do NOT use her as a Chinese leader,she was an EVIL empress who was one of the worst leaders in Chinese history
There were good empress like Empress Wu Zetian and Empress Xuan that you can use.

thank you for the correction, but in my opinion the art for Wu Zetian isn't as impressive as the other women LH... but anyway, I'll just use Empress Dowager as Chinese LH
:hmm:

and for Sejong, he looks like a rip off of an unknown Chinese Leader and his face is not historically correct.. at least Taejo is right, enough to make my Korean friends smile:)

What was wrong with this Wu?

If you want to further improve your Wu, make the eyes and the mouth more realistic
Those are the only 2 weak(er) points IMO

Do you mean Cixi?
If so,do NOT use her as a Chinese leader,she was an EVIL empress who was one of the worst leaders in Chinese history
There were good empress like Empress Wu Zetian and Empress Xuan that you can use.

Yes, that's right Civ... Cixi is Empress Dowager.. hahahah.... That's okay, I am making a collection of wicked LH's including Hitler, Pol Pot, Nero, Ivan The Terrible etc.... but It will be like a plan..
I wish someone can make Queen Mary Tudor of England or Jose Rizal :please:

Good Day Melcher! your talent in making LH is truly remarkable... I also give credits to those whom I think is good in making LH's (namely Novator, Pencilgod, Ekmek and Saibotleih)...
now to my request... can you make a better version of Wu Zetain (much like in civilization 5)... to tell you honestly... I've seen all Wu Zetain leaderheads and I don't like it.

Other requests will be
Jose Rizal (Philippine National Hero)
King Sejong (better version) I've seen some created LH's but they're not okay for me.
Oliver Cromwell
Queen Mary Tudor aka Bloody Mary

well it's up to you if you just choose one but I would likely appreciate if you picked Rizal or Sejong... salamat po:clap:

Enjoy creating LH's

Thanks!
As already mentioned by other people i don't plan to create anymore historical Leaderheads.
Maybe someday i will give it another shot. But as i'm not intrested in one person you mention, it's not likely it will be one of these. Sorry.

Melcher... about those fantasy LH's... you still creating those? In that case... would it be possible to create your generic Snow/Mountains a bit like a Norse king? I had specifically Sigurd I of Norway in mind. He could be a half-generic guy that could work well for both purposes you know ;)

Yes, i'm still working on those. Will see what i can do, but not sure if this will work.

Hey, folks!
Really busy lately and not much time to make some new funky stuff.
But slowly, there's some progress. Awesome!

So here is the most recent screenshot from the Leaderhead showed above.
Some small ninja-changes here and there, nothing big.:mischief:
Background isn't completely finished yet. In the final version there will be an animated small waterfall and animated fire aswell.

Spoiler :

First screenshot shows the basic idea, a background that is less dead.
The trees, the moon, the sky, the waterfall (currently behind the trees) and fire will be animated. So quite everthing that we normally expect to move.
Also the background is build in layers (and some 3D models), which adds some depth. Especially animated objects in front of static objects.

And the background is full affected by the same light as the leaderhead, which will change (slowly gets brighter and darker) during the scene.

Sadly this really quick bunched up .gif (meh gif - bad quality) dosen't show how smooth and nice this is ingame. Love it! :)

And here a normal one.

But will need some time before i will release this one.
First i need to finish my Isometric-Terrain for TAC. :)

If you are curious what the hell that is, here you go:

Spoiler :

Vanilla Civ4Col - randomized map

-Vs-

Melcherized randomized Civ4Col map

Still, more an alpha version until now.

Attachments

• meh.JPG
    meh.JPG
    254.7 KB · Views: 600
  • jippi.JPG
    jippi.JPG