Memory Errors and how to avoid them

This seemed to work for awhile. Before this, on snail speed I would only get to the industrial age but with this i was able to get to early future techs. It was quite disappointing when i crashed since normally it would crash after say 12 game hours while this lasted at least 3 times as long if not more.

Note I was on a small map, realistic world map, 5 other AI civs, minor civ start, conquest win, peaceful city flip only and no other settings. I also had all the graphics settings turned to the lowest, turn off animations an even made sure no other programs were running.

Any advice on how I can finally play a game where I can make it through the entire tech tree before crashing?

What are your computer specs? This game is very heavy on your graphics card and memory. Do you have the graphics turned to low? I find they are still quite attractive that way and better performance. Also, I believe there are some things like static leader heads and not showing the city improvements on the screen that will help with memory problems. Look through the "Loaded Modules" and "Unloaded Modules", I believe all you have to do is to drag what you want from Unloaded into Loaded for it to work. :)

What are your computer specs? This game is very heavy on your graphics card and memory. Do you have the graphics turned to low? I find they are still quite attractive that way and better performance. Also, I believe there are some things like static leader heads and not showing the city improvements on the screen that will help with memory problems. Look through the "Loaded Modules" and "Unloaded Modules", I believe all you have to do is to drag what you want from Unloaded into Loaded for it to work. :)

That is very true about the Static LH and the NBG, the NBG helped infact to another 200 turns before something happened, your not going to get threw a game if playing over 15 civs and over a Huge map, unless you have a darn good super puter 64 bit. Of course this is just my opinion. But anything that even makes it another 50 turns is worth it.:p

Stormwind - one question

i am looking at what you suggested. is it necessary to download flowcast and solid cast both, separately or is only one of them needed or none of them. i have looked at the sites and it is not clear what to download. and which site is the best site to download them from. thanks for your help.

Top Bottom