Mercator's CivSprite

Fairline

Emperor
Hello all, I was wondering if anyone has used CivSprite to generate a static.spr file for a Units file larger than the ToT default 81-slot units? I imagine I can edit the unitsbmp_to_staticspr_with_mask.txt file to extend its size out to 134-units but I don't know if this will do the trick and its a bit of an effort just to check if it works. I have no idea how to edit dlls or the main exe if these require changing. So, has anyone already tackled this?

Ah that's great, thanks Dadais. One question: your new mask template is no longer the same shape/format as the units file; how exactly does it work
there's the sprite file with classic tiles and the mask file with black tile.

First column on the left shows the direction of the sprite for each row (North/NorthEast/East/SouthEast/South if not wrong).
Each other column is for a unit numbered over it (1 to 189) following showed patern.

For a single sprite, one can just copy it on the five rows for it to work properly.
To have no mask, one can leave the mask file as it is, with the black font.

;)

Last edited:
I'm still a tad confused. The original civsprite mask file (black tiles) was the same proportions as a normal 81-unit ToT units.bmp file, making it easy to correlate a sprite mask for a particular unit with its corresponding original units.bmp location (ie 9x9 tiles). Now, instead of the expected dimensions of 9x21 tiles it is 189 x 5; I assume this is for full animation with 5 panels? I'm looking to create a static.spr with just a single sprite with civ-colour mask applied

single sprite with civ-colour mask applied
It is still possible to use these files, just using the same sprite for all directions.
Chosed to stick with this system, as it allows to easily mix single and multiple sprites :)

OK thanks, I'll give it a try. I assume now I just place my civ-colour masked 'parts' in white in the top slot corresponding to each unit numbered from 1-189, and leave the other 4 rows blank?

assume now I just place my civ-colour masked 'parts' in white in the top slot corresponding to each unit numbered from 1-189, and leave the other 4 rows blank?
Same thing there :
For a unique mask, copy it on the 5 rows.
This mask file allows for a directionnal mask (someday the china warring state scenario using this will be released :D)

Top Bottom