Merlot taking over Maverics

Personal opinion: it should be resolved one way or the other before play progresses. While it's clear a long pause may be very damaging, an unsatisfactory solution or doing nothing is also potentially damaging.

I agree that this should be resolved before we proceed. Even 1 turn without someone handling the civilization could be very damaging.

Either legitimate sub must be found or Merlot to take over. By legitimate sub I mean experienced player, there is no point some random non experienced player taking over the civ.

So since the admins refuse to pause the game, we will use one of our time outs this turn to allow some time for all teams to answer to this.

I already said that I am OK with Merlot taking over Mavericks.

Perhaps someone (the game admins preferably) could call an official vote within the teams remaining. I suggest the poll contains at least these two alternatives :

* Allow Merlot to choose some members of the team to leave Team Merlot and become Team Mavericks
* Find an experienced sub that can take over the team outside the current MTDG

I can hardly imagine anyone from any other team would want to take over Mavericks.

Perhaps someone (the game admins preferably) could call an official vote within the teams remaining. I suggest the poll contains at least these two alternatives :

* Allow Merlot to choose some members of the team to leave Team Merlot and become Team Mavericks

I can hardly imagine anyone from any other team would want to take over Mavericks.
I would be fine with either of those options:goodjob:

Whats going on? The game is not paused? Isnt this the meaning of time-outs?

This is your personal suggestion of course. This thread is about Merlot taking over maverics.

I say just give the cities to Merlot that way they can deal with the maintenance.

Well, since there is no specific rule against plainly taking over their team I would simply do it.

You have announced the intentions and you haven't been provided with an official response - you've done more then you had to.

If the Mavericks are amicable to the idea do it. On the off chance that some admin does have a problem with it then it will force them to give you an answer and pause/reload the game. Fact is they probably don't have a problem with it - so then you will have addressed your concern about missing turns.

Besides, it's easier to ask for forgivenes then permission.

This is your personal suggestion of course. This thread is about Merlot taking over maverics.

Of course. I take it for granted that everyone both in and outside our team is aware of the fact that only our King - that would be you - speaks with the official voice of Merlot. :)

Quatronia prefers that either some Merlot players leave Merlot for Mavericks, or a suitable turnplayer is found, but a complete Merlot takeover would be acceptable to us, as it is better than the alternatives of AI kick or an inactive civ.

I would also like to personally (not on behalf of Quatronia) thank Merlot for your determination to keep the game going despite your position.

I'd recommend a takeover, rather than a split of Merlot to form a new Mavericks team:

1. A split risks ending up with two teams that can't find a turnplayer because everybody's unavailable. Merlot has a reasonable number of people, but halve us and it'd be getting dicier.

2. From a game perspective, a split looks functionally equivalent to a takeover anyway -- it's not as if Merlot and the new Mavericks are suddenly going to want to keep information from each other.

3. Forcing a team to fragment to keep the game going would damage the social side -- part of the point of an MTDG is to play in a team, not sitting on your lonesome because someone had to go and form a "team of one or two" to keep the game alive.

Well, since there is no specific rule against plainly taking over their team I would simply do it.

You have announced the intentions and you haven't been provided with an official response - you've done more then you had to.

If the Mavericks are amicable to the idea do it. On the off chance that some admin does have a problem with it then it will force them to give you an answer and pause/reload the game. Fact is they probably don't have a problem with it - so then you will have addressed your concern about missing turns.

Besides, it's easier to ask for forgivenes then permission.

I wanted to avoid that and get an official approval. So far apart form Sommer I have not seen anyone else objecting to a Mav take over by Merlot, so I hope that we will have an answer by the end of our time out.

fist, i want to say sorry for the bahaviour of the whole team maverics:blush:

in the end, i guess it was my doing that ended out team, so i want to say sorry for myself as well. but as things were going, there was simply no way to keep the game running for us:

obs and i were recouited as advisors by the maverics. but in august/september finally, the team was essentially down to 2 active players, obs and me (and some peoples dropping in occassionally and saying, hey, i will hely you out and do this and that... ...and then doing nothing).

then i was away for 4 weeks and after comming back i found team maverics beeing obs alone, no one other around/willing to be our turn player. at this point i resigned from the team an gave obs the advice to do the same (i cant be turnplayer, cause im offline too often due to work), cause it simply made no sense going on like that.

whoever will take over team maverics will find out about that;)

-> im happy and willing to keep the game going. i also will stick with team maverics to the end cause you cant win every demo game and loosing can also be fun. but there must be some TEAM.

-> so if there is a solution found that there will be at least 3 active players in the team, 2 of them acting as turnplayer and substitute and 1 diplomat, im more then happy to come back and play it out up to the end, helping out wherever i can (except turnplayer and main diplomat cause im offline to often for that, as mentioned above).

-> i can also give the new team a quick overview over our plannings and what we planned to do within the next 10-20 turns and stray out of the new team is that is what the new team prefers. i really dont mind, but everything should be done to keep the game going for the other teams.

I'd recommend a takeover, rather than a split of Merlot to form a new Mavericks team:

1. A split risks ending up with two teams that can't find a turnplayer because everybody's unavailable. Merlot has a reasonable number of people, but halve us and it'd be getting dicier.

2. From a game perspective, a split looks functionally equivalent to a takeover anyway -- it's not as if Merlot and the new Mavericks are suddenly going to want to keep information from each other.

3. Forcing a team to fragment to keep the game going would damage the social side -- part of the point of an MTDG is to play in a team, not sitting on your lonesome because someone had to go and form a "team of one or two" to keep the game alive.

whb hits the nail on the head here.

I like the dynamic and social side of Team Merlot. The "team" in team game is one of the main reasons I play.

Slicing and dicing a team up for the benefit of the game seems selfish to me; it doesn't take into account the fact that Team Merlot is Team Merlot for a reason - we have a great dynamic.

I would sorely miss the people that "left" our team to pick up Mavericks. Aside from weakening Team Merlot, it also isn't particularly healthy for the New Team Mavericks.

Merlot full out taking over Mavericks is really the only option - other then just letting Mavericks sit there doing nothing. It's not like Merlot could afford the maintenance costs of being gifted cities on the other side of the world -- so that is kind of a no-go as well.

My 2 cents.

Top Bottom