Michael Moore endorses....Wesley Clark?

Good points, Pontiuth Pilate!

I don't trust the lot of 'em...we need to clean house and just start over. *wishful thinking*

I don't trust the lot of 'em...we need to clean house and just start over. *wishful thinking*

Cheers to that! :thumbsup:

And this is just the tip of the iceberg, you know. I have a whole LIBRARY of Henry Kissinger and Madeleine Albright photos along these lines... not to mention our current entanglements with Pakistan and Saudi Arabia.

Doktor: that would be Islam Karimov, dictator of the Central Asian nation of Uzbekistan. He supports terrorist groups and tortures his citizens "for fun", apparently. His techniques are not as refined as those of Saddam Hussein, but he does know all the good old tactics like boiling people alive or tearing out their fingernails.

He's a US ally, of course. Needless to say, Bush didn't start that, although he did warm relations because of Uzbekistan's "strategic location".

Slick Willy and Islam:

All Islam Karimov, dictator of Uzbekistan, a "critical ally" in the war on terror, as I've heard.

Photo 1: Donald Rumsfeld shaking hands with Saddam Hussein in 1983.

Photo 2: George Bush, US President, and Islam Karimov, "President" of Uzbekistan.

Photo 3: Gen. Tommy Franks, in charge of the Mideast Asia division of the USA's armed forces, and Islam Karimov.

Photo 4: Karimov and Rumsfeld at the Pentagon [taken from the Pentagon's official press photo libraries].

Photo 5 on this page: William J Clinton, [former] President of the USA, and Karimov.

Any look at Uzbekistan will show he's not exactly the most democratic guy around....

He has almost as good a human rights record as Saudi Arabia and Pakistan. Which takes some effort, I can tell you :p

Originally posted by Double Barrel

Secondly, the friggin' U.S. STATE DEPARTMENT advised General Wesley Clark to refrain from meeting with Ratko Mladic, because THEY ALREADY KNEW WHAT HE HAD DONE!!

Let's see...by General Clark's own words we went to war because of Serbian ethnic cleansing and other war crimes. So wouldn't it make sense that one of Serbia's top generals would be a part of this, especially when the U.S. State Department is advising Clark accordingly???

Charging Ratko Mladic of war crimes was not on the table before the Screbrenica atrocity. Ratko Mladic, by the way, was not one of 'Serbia's top generals, but the military commander of the Bosnian Serb forces. The Bosnian Serbs had united in Republica Srpska under the leadership of Radovan Karadzic.

Naturally the US state dept did not want a grunt to interfere, because their larger plan masterminded by Ambassador Holbrooke was of course to kick out the leadership of Federal Republic of Yugoslavia (FRY), notably Slobodan Milosovic. This entity was never recognized by the U.S. Yet the Dayton Peace Accord is signed in 1995 with Croatia, Bosnia And the FRY. This happens after the U.S. through logistical and intelligence support, rearming and training, provided by a private company with connections to Fort Worth to Croatia ensures that the Serb population of 200,000 is kicked out of Krajina in a blitzkrieg attack.

Before that pressure was brought on the serbs by, what would later turn out to be wholly ineffective American bombing sorties. In reality it is the British and French ground forces that are forcing the Serbs to the negotiating table.

It is only in 1995 that evidence is gathered after the Srebrinica Atrocity. Radko Mladic is acused of having attacked a UN 'safe area'. In reality an area where US is supplying the Bosnian Muslims with means of making counteroffensives.

Edited: slight confusion on dates which cut out a part of the argument.

Top Bottom