Middle Ages Conquest - question

ShiplordAtvar

Texan by the grace of God
Hey people

When playing the above conquest as the Abassids, I got a message informing me that one of my cities has the Black Plague. Dialogue boxes told me that citizens and military units in that city are susceptible, especially if the city is connected to the trade network (dammit I had to pillage my hard-built roads) and walls.

The plague is denoted on the map by a skull and circling buzzards over the city.

My question - How long is this shiznit going to last? So far its a nuisance, but hopefully no more than that.

Around 50 turns

Aww hell, I have to keep my city off the trade network for 50 turns? Well then, I guess its good that I'm in the high 170s as far as turn number.

Thanks for the info. Also, is it something that is conquest specific, or can it also happen in the normal game?

Looks like Ill be destroying all my harbours in England when the blackdeath arrives

Fortress Britania

Originally posted by ShiplordAtvar
Thanks for the info. Also, is it something that is conquest specific, or can it also happen in the normal game?
Well, I am playing a standard game on a random map, and just had 2 cities hit by it. ;) I didn't bother to disconnect from the trade network, though. I just avoided moving any new units into, or old units out of, the cities.

@Warpstorm: 50 Turns?!?!?! I thought it was like 50 *years* (I am sure it didn't last anything like 50 turns in this game!)

Originally posted by Padma

@Warpstorm: 50 Turns?!?!?! I thought it was like 50 *years* (I am sure it didn't last anything like 50 turns in this game!)

Isn't 50 years like 1 turn for most of the game? :)

Actually, Plagues are the facet of C3:C which I am MOST looking forward to :evilgrin:!!! If I had any beef with it, at all, it's that there should be more things you can do to reduce it's severity and/or spread! For instance, it should be possible, in the editor, to denote one tech and/or improvement, per age, which can reduce the effects of plagues and their chance of spreading!!'
Slightly OT! After seeing the editor screen for plagues, it occured to me that it would be very easy to use the same kind of format to edit Civil Wars into the game! That's something for Firaxis to consider for its NEXT expansion ;) :)!!

Yours,
Aussie_Lurker.

Plague was removed from the Epic game.

But, if you really want to play with the thing, click Civ-Content and scroll down the list. Choose With Plague.biq and you will then be able to set your random map preferences.

Well, it's 50 'somethings' in the editor. I assumed it was turns. It might be 'time units'. This will take some research.

@ShiplordAtvar- "shiznit" means a good thing ;)

Well, my knowledge of modern slang is rather limited, and I didn't want to come right out and use a profanity. Just use your imagination when removing three letters from the middle of that word.

*laughs*

Top Bottom