Military Great Leaders can rush anything now.

Chieftess

Retired Moderator
Bug: The Military Great Leaders can rush units, small and great wonders, and normal improvements for the AI. A human player MGL can not rush improvements and units with a MGL.

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install, and run Civ3 Conquests 1.22.
2. Load the MGL bug game save.
3. Notice that the player can rush small and great wonders, but not units and improvements.
4. Take note of what the AI is building in their cities (each one has a MGL). The improvements are: War Elephant, Wealth, Barracks, Pyramids, and the Intelligence Agency.
5. Press enter.

Expected Result:
The AI shouldn't be able to rush great wonders, wealth, and should build armies instead.

Observed Result:
The AI rushes all of the current items in their build queue, including wealth. The player can only rush wonders (small and great).

Well, if this is true, the last thing I'll say about C3C bugs is :

LOL

I now have "officially" enough with this. No more me talking about bugs. Don't expect me to buy Civ4 without a real investigation.

:eek:
So that's where all their could-be armies go! Somebody messed up AI leader capabilities definitely.

As I have had other ML in normal rule, unedited games work properly, and as is posted on Apolyton that this effects edited and modded games; I believe my original thread may have more to do with having >4 cities. These may be 2 seperate issues.

@Chieftess

I can't check out the save atm (still on v1.15), but your desription sounds like you used an editor-created scenario.
Did you give 'free' MGL to the civs at game start?

I ask because I think the game has problems with exact this procedure of leader-"creating".
I've posted a thread (somewhere south in this bug section) with a save/scenario and some pics (e.g. actually present rush-button while MGL is active and GW is under construction in a city), although the test has been made with v1.00 (IIRC).
However, "normally" created MGL in a plain game seemed to be normal (couldn'T rush GWs... etc). That's why I guess the real problem sits in the editor. It could not differentiate between MGL and SGL back then. Not sure if this is still true for v1.22, but in prior versions, you could only pick MGLs as free units in the editor for a scenario. So maybe an editor created (M)GL causes this strange outcome.

edit: for the record, thread is here and contains a link to another thread with the pics

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?threadid=75140

I made another scenario with 50 warriors, and the AI having 3 Mech Inf. I attacked the Mech Inf so that the AI could get a Great Leader normally. The AI was still able to rush units, improvements, etc.

does this happen if u do a clean install ? and dont have offcial patch 1.22 install over beta patch 1.15l

yes, it happened with a clean install (I tested it on my new computer, which doesn't have 1.15).

umm so thats why AI never builds armies...actually its a quite weird bug.

I've once again had a ML unable to rush a unit, it was otherwise normal.
Not that I can imagine using a ML for that purpose, but it seems an odd bug. It seems likely that the addition of the SL has caused some little errors. I just pretend it is a representation of different quality ML's appearing through history

Top Bottom