[Mini MOD _ MOD Comp] Alignment Options

You are my hero ... or maybe my nemesis :lol: .

I've started a new game and everything seems to be fine ... ok, I'm a noob - what's OOS?

When you play a network MP game. If the statement of the game is different for two players (all machines run the code), the game show an Out Of Synchronization error. So the players have to reload the game to continue playing.

Tcho !

what's OOS?

Out of Sync error - a bug that only occurs in multiplayer games, caused when some sort of information isn't conveyed to all the players' computers. It causes games to diverge.

For both random leader and civ : The function choose the civ first instead of the leader. This result that there is equal chance for all civilizations to appear. With the default process, a civilization with more leaders have more chance to appear.

how will this work for the good elven queen (i recon the civ gets picked as being a "neutral" civ, but with the possibility of a good leader)? Could offset the balance, expecially on a map with a few leaders (duel, tiny or small).
I take it decius is left out of the equation? Or is he handled as neutral?

Still loving this modmod by the way, keep it up!

how will this work for the good elven queen (i recon the civ gets picked as being a "neutral" civ, but with the possibility of a good leader)?

I pick civ that have an available leader of the alignment(s) required for the player. So there is no problem with that.

I take it decius is left out of the equation? Or is he handled as neutral?

Decius count as neutral for the moment. I will check how the alignment is chosen for the AI with Decius (forgot that).

Tcho !

I've checked the AI alignment of Decius. This is random. So there is 2 solutions :

_ I let Decius as neutral in the function. I can't make him no alignment so it will never be chosen.

_ I can force Decius to be good for bannor, neutral for malakim and evil for the calabim when the AI handle the alignment choice event. But that will still make a difference if Decius is selected with an human player.

I can't think about a good solution with Decius. Do you think about a good solution ?

Tcho !

Update for version 0.32j.

Tcho !

EDIT : I've tried to integer the Kael Assimilation MOD. But I've got a CtD when trying to make a queue in my first city ... so that should not so easy to merge with FFH.

Update for patch 0.32l.

Tcho !

Some Multiplayer tests have been done --> No Problemo with the new python function.

Tcho !

I got Decius while playing with "i" version. He's evil ... Banor. He likes me for being evil and treating my people well at the same time. He's very unhappy about me using entropy and death mana. Very weird civ.

I got Decius while playing with "i" version. He's evil ... Banor. He likes me for being evil and treating my people well at the same time. He's very unhappy about me using entropy and death mana. Very weird civ.

I don't know what to do with Decius ( see posts below ). I've decided to let him count as neutral in the implementation. Even if I force the alignment of Decus for AI player ,the problem with still keep with Human player. So ... if you have a good idea.

Tcho !

I've read those posts but I didn't quite understand what is the problem with him:

_ I can force Decius to be good for bannor, neutral for malakim and evil for the calabim when the AI handle the alignment choice event. But that will still make a difference if Decius is selected with an human player.

What is the alignment choice event and what exactly would go wrong if he gets picked up by the human player?

The alignment of Decius is chosen by the player when the game start, and randomly for AI with an event. Even if I do like described below, the human Decius can break a selection. And i like the way decius can be good, neutral or evil with these civs (and even don't want to break these possibilities).

The thing i can do is perhaps to choose the alignment of decius for AI during the leader choice and force it after when the event comes !?

Tcho !

You could also make it so that he isn't included in the random_good, random_neutral, or random_evil lists, right? that way you could still get him if you choose him or if you just choose random, but are still guaranteed leaders of the alignment you want.

You could also make it so that he isn't included in the random_good, random_neutral, or random_evil lists, right? that way you could still get him if you choose him or if you just choose random, but are still guaranteed leaders of the alignment you want.

No, i can't do that. random is like random good, neutral or evil in my impl. That's because of the options to equalize alignments and grant same alignments for teams.

I think i will do that for Decius :

if one of option to equalize alignment is ON (varied world, equalize team && team game, (singularity or plurality) && MP game). The alignment of Decius will be forced whatever you choose in the event.

Any comment for this choice ? (If not , i will do that for the next version)

Tcho !

Top Bottom