• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Minor Suggestions Thread

Úmarth;6905632 said:
I also find that Germany is unstable in the 600AD start but whole does quite well in the 3000 BC start.

You might be right but I usually play more modern civs so always a 600AD start for me. Except
in my current game as Rome. In the early 1800's I'm cruising to an early culture win (about 1850?) having vassalised Turkey, America, Mayans, Ethiopia and Kymer and collapsed Spain. Though I'm
at war with France, Arabia and Mali. Germany just sits there warring with Russia and doesn't
collapse though usually unstable. Instead of shrinking, its cultural borders are actually expanding.
So I think yours is a valid point.:)

I think Germany's instability has to do with their situation in the middle of Europe. A civ has to keep growing to stay stable, but Germany is blocked off in all directions and just can't do that most of the time. They hardly ever try to colonize overseas, so practically the only way they can stay alive till the late game is if they're lucky enough to be able to conquer a neighbor or two (though in my recent game as Russia, Germany just stays Unstable/Collapsing for centuries and centuries and centuries without ever collapsing! :mad:)

Ahh. Then may I propose a slight solution (even though you have it solved)

Simply change the tech tree from this:

Mysticism-Meditation- Priesthood
00000000 \ 000000000/
000000000 \Polytheism-Monotheism

to

Mysticism-Polytheism- Monotheism
00000000\0000000000/
000000000\Priesthood-Meditation

Even tribal religions that were animist rather than polytheistic had shamans/priests and the like, so priesthood came early onto civilization; meditation was a tool used by said priests to develop an increased spirituality. Thus, we have Hinduism-Buddhism-Judaism.

Add Canada.

I think a city on easter island should be pre-built for the maori stautes.

Hi ,

well you can do that and give it to the barbarians , natives , etc , ...

its nice to see what they pop out there , just go to world builder and include it , check every now and then back to see what happens , its great :goodjob:

Have a nice day :)

Hmmm I'm not sure if an Easter Island city would be that good... it was never really large enough to justify having a city there, and being able to build the Moai statues gives interesting possibilities to other cities. I wish it was still a National Wonder like in normal civ4, but I suppose realism trumps convenience in this case.

Dabur, I know a lot of people talked to you about the annoying "have a nice day" thing... may I ask why you're still doing it? To be honest, it's really getting on my nerves when I read the RFC forums.

I think hydro plants should be +1 food to dessert tiles--which then would still be useless without a farm--which with biology would then be 3f and 1or0c. This wouldnt allow u to u to popluate the sahara(cause there is no rivers) but it would allow you to populate san diago/tijuana better (which is quite realistic with what happened in modern times)

I think hydro plants should be +1 food to dessert tiles--which then would still be useless without a farm--which with biology would then be 3f and 1or0c. This wouldnt allow u to u to popluate the sahara(cause there is no rivers) but it would allow you to populate san diago/tijuana better (which is quite realistic with what happened in modern times)

I agree, in general coal plants are all I build because hydro plants and nuclear plants aren't really additive. It would be nice to have nuclear plants eliminate the unhealthiness from coal plants.
But hey, who needs food when you have dessert? :lol:

yeah at first it was an idea for the vinilla/'real' civ 4 (of course rhye's is a killer add-on) but u cant exactally do suggestions to them.--yeah both nucleur and hydro plants seem completely useless in the game--they come later and take more hammers, and don't relieve the sickness of a coal plant.--this would provide a quite realistic advantage for hydro plants.

hell while im thinking about it a nuclear plant could nuclear plants could be --breeder reactors-- and add maybe +25%/50% to nuclear arms production.

But the +food hydro is still more important to me as an idea

I do love the way RFC encourages the use of some buildings which are almost pointless in regular Civ4 BTS, such as Jails. But I would love to see Security Bureaus, Intelligence Agency, Nuclear Plants and Hydro Plants and Bunkers tweaked to become slightly more useful also. Currently, I rarely if ever build any of these buildings.

It's been a while since I have played regular Civ4 BTS, but does the Apostolic Palace give a +2 hammer bonus to religious buildings, or is this just an RFC thing? I do like the way Monasteries are much more worthwhile with this bonus.

It's been a while since I have played regular Civ4 BTS, but does the Apostolic Palace give a +2 hammer bonus to religious buildings, or is this just an RFC thing? I do like the way Monasteries are much more worthwhile with this bonus.

Yes, it does give the hammer bonus in normal BTS.
I'd support the idea of Intelligence Agencies and Security Bureaus giving added stability, however bunkers might be stretching it.

Nuclear and Hydro Plants should replace coal plants when they're built (effectively destroying them and removing the health problem) in my opinion.

Hokkaido is seriously slow growing and unproductive. Even though there's silver and eventually coal, any city there (I had Sapporo) can't grow quick enough to use all this production. Can we move the whale south of Kyushu to Tokyo and one of the fish or clam to Hokkaido?

I asked this before. Maybe some Fish could appear in 1850 (when the Japanise started assimilating Western technology and becoming a true powerhouse) or something like that

I often notice that when a forest grows in South Africa, it is always a snow-covered pine forest which feells a bit wrong. Could we please have normal "temperate" forest graphics there?

Could the independent city that spawns in Ireland be situated one tile to the north of the current site?

The current location can't reach all of the coastal fishing resources which makes it a sub-optimal target for conquest. I usually raze it and have to rebuild on the correct location one tile further to the north.

Hokkaido is seriously slow growing and unproductive. Even though there's silver and eventually coal, any city there (I had Sapporo) can't grow quick enough to use all this production. Can we move the whale south of Kyushu to Tokyo and one of the fish or clam to Hokkaido?
I second that. The whale off the coast of Japan is in a weird spot. In order to have it within a city radius, you have to either build a city two tiles away from your capital or else on top of the gold. Move Tokyo's fish to Hokkaido's east coast and put the whale where the fish is now.

And can we have a hill (maybe with a resource?) instead of that pesky mountain in Taiwan? It makes no sense that Taiwan, one of the world's most industrialized islands, has no capability to produce anything because it has absolutely no hammers.

I'm sure this has been posted before, but I would really like to see ancient civilization's get better cities from settlers as they research new technology and advance. You could easily follow the normal civilization advance start rules for different eras.

Top Bottom