Resource icon

Misc. Tweaks for VP 4.6

Does it reduce lategame supply ?
Need testing. It's one of the targets, and if it's not working the numbers on lategame buildings can change.
Narrow the differences between wide and tall supply ?
Yes, this one's definitely working somewhat. It assumes that tall cities have higher population than wide ones though, which doesn't seem to be that apparent with the current policy balance.

Looking at a game with AI Only, the balance in terms of sypply seems better between Wide and Tall. But I feel like supply was too high in general from the late industrial/modern era onwards, especially for wide.

Last edited:
Looking at a game with AI Only, the balance in terms of sypply seems better between Wide and Tall. But I feel like supply was too high in general from the late industrial/modern era onwards, especially for wide.
Do you have an example (screenshot of supply tooltip lategame)?

Wide is really hard to balance, since they have cities completely inside their kingdom that shouldn't need any units to protect but still generate supply.

Do you have an example (screenshot of supply tooltip lategame)?

Wide is really hard to balance, since they have cities completely inside their kingdom that shouldn't need any units to protect but still generate supply.
I am collecting data and I will send them at the end of the day (Europe timezone).

I think early supply is too low to manage babarians just after entering the classical era. I have only 9 supplies. Need buff for starting supply or to add some supply to palace.

Hi, here the results of the AI game. Lategame supply goes out of control :/ This is a standard speed game in emperor.
In another game I saw England and Zulu with ~300 supply at turn ~350.
The supply seems to go out of control between 250/350 turns in standard speed game.

Spoiler Turn200 :

Turn200​

France-6cities.jpg

Netherland-3cities.jpg

Sweden-10cities.jpg

Spoiler Turn250 :

Turn250​

France-5cities.jpg

Netherland-6cities.jpg

Sweden-12cities.jpg

TheIroquois-11cities.jpg

Attachments

• Netherland-10cities.jpg
    Netherland-10cities.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 14
  • Netherland-10cities.jpg
    Netherland-10cities.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
  • France-5cities.jpg
    France-5cities.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:
It's weird. The oversupply in all images above indicates that AI is still getting a supply bonus over humans, which shouldn't be the case.

And then all the AI instant food makes them grow to an extremely high population, boosting supply further.

How much total population did everyone have? An Authority civ like Iroquois should never have 30+ population in all cities even with the Longhouse.

At turn 366 Iroquois have (cities population) : [20-25[ = 10; [25-30[ = 7; [30-35[ = 6; [35-40[ =6; 40+ = 1
Netherland : [15-20[ = 3; [20-25[ = 5; [25-30[ = 5; [30-35[ = 2; [35-40]= 1

I'm starting to think that the instant food yield when an AI kill a unit is a bit too much in the "late" game.

Updated for VP 4.6.

Stable supply: +5% from population -> +1 flat
Seaport supply: +1 flat and +10% from population -> +10% from population

The current formula isn't going to solve the supply problem. I'll need to propose something else like a per-city supply penalty.

Updated for VP 4.6.

Stable supply: +5% from population -> +1 flat
Seaport supply: +1 flat and +10% from population -> +10% from population

The current formula isn't going to solve the supply problem. I'll need to propose something else like a per-city supply penalty.
Maybe some inspiration from Bal's lower supply? I wonder if it still works.

Top Bottom