Miscellaneous Graphics Thread

Farms1.png

I made some pastoral/farm tiles, assembling, recoloring, and altering the work of our truly talented artists.

Hi, can I please ask the talented artists out there @Fairline @Tanelorn @CurtSibling & others to help me with 3 unit shields? I'm really struggling to get them to look good and in line with the quality of the rest of the unit shields. Size should be between 11x11 and 13x13. Many thanks in advance!

1) Cuerpo de Carabineros (with blue background):

1665311773700.png

1665311886559.png

2) Patrulla Azul:

1665311950100.png

1665312051740.png

3) "Seis Doble":

1665312723398.png

1665312822907.png

This is my crappy attempt to 2) and 3), plus the original background flags...

shields.png

Thanks again

tom_edison.png

Any tips on making people in icons "punch out" a little more without becoming hideously oversharpened? This is supposed to be Thomas Edison.

edit: and I have used the People Icons page from SLwiki as a guide.

Which editing software are you using?
In psp you can try different sharpening settings and choose.

In Corel PSP 2023 choose high pass sharpen, you can customize the output.
Attached a screenshot of the presets.

Attachments

• EXAMPLE.png
    EXAMPLE.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 21
In Corel PSP 2023 choose high pass sharpen, you can customize the output.
Attached a screenshot of the presets.
Mine looks like this.

psp704.png

I don't know how much the thing has improved in 20 years. But that's what it looks like. I suppose I'll have to monkey with it.

Conclusion: probably no silver bullet

Hah another fellow Paint Shop Pro 7 man here.. it's funny how many of us here are still using it for our Civ2 editing. :)
I used it at work when I did web graphics for the government. I had already ten years experience using it for other things so why throw it out? :)

I don’t think there’s much I can’t do that I need to do, and learning for (and paying for!) new tools would just be a waste.

I am another one still using PSP 7 (and for the animated unit gifs Animation Shop). :)

Top Bottom