Miscellaneous manual troublshooting

phungus420

Deity
Of course the most common problem people have is not being updated to BtS 3.19. If you're new to the mod, ensure your copy of BtS is updated to 3.19. Now that that's out of the way here are some solutions and improvements you can do manually for LoR. In the next update I'll set things up so the installer will do these for you, but for now, here's how you can do them manually.

Getting around "Launch as Admin"
Thanks to information from Emperor Fool, I am now aware of an easy way to get around the launch as admin issues for Vista and Windows 7. If you use Vista or Windows 7, it also may fix some issues for other users. The steps are pretty simple:

1)Go into LoR's folder and find the the folder called UserSettings, right click on it and select cut
2)Go to your BtS folder along the My Documents path (LoR will be in the program files path, if you don't know how to find the BtS folder in My documents, go into your main BtS directory, there will be a bunch of shortcuts to various folders named things like Saves and such, use one of these shortcuts and browse out to it's parent directory -- the BtS folder in the My Documents path).
3)In the Beyond the Sword folder in your My Documents path, create a new folder, name it LoR.
4)Paste the UserSettings folder you originally cut into that folder.

Doing this will mean all you have to do is click the LoR shortcut, no more need to launch as an admin. This is because the ini files the BUG UI must write will no longer be in the Program Files directory, so Windows wol't lock BUG from doing this without admin privileges.

Solving unexplained Loss of Interface
For some users BUG 4.0 and higher destroys the interface. This is very machine specific, but I know it's happened to a few people. To fix this you will need to replace the file BugPath.py with this one (it's zipped, so you'll also need to extract it, BugPath.py is found at .../LoR/Assets/Python/BUG):
http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=235110&d=1258921525

Top Bottom