missing graphics

Civkid1991

in shade of poison trees
for AoI all the unit graphics are showing except the swords man. I've upgraded directx and installed the newest BtS patch... my game crashes during the beggining movie thing for AoI (i usually have to skip it if i dont want to have the scenario crash)... other then non of the leaderheads show (except at the end of the game where they tell you what leader your like)

heres a screen shot of the swordsman

What are your specs?

do you have frozen animations on?

How about your system specs? Graphics card? RAM?

specs?:hmm:
the graphics card is a "GeForce 4 420 Go" and i dont thing RAM is a problem

no they dont show either.. same with vanilla bts but in the other mods all of the units (as far as i know) are showing correctly

no they dont show either.. same with vanilla bts but in the other mods all of the units (as far as i know) are showing correctly

Ploper and I made the final frontier and the AoI leader, but not the vanilla one ... Are you saying that the vanilla leaders aren't working too ?

yea.. those arent working either. I had a flicker of a victoria once but thats all that ive seen so far

Make sure you have the latest drivers installed and also the latest microsoft direct X 9c.
Check this thread http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=232577 if this can fix your problem with the Leaderheads.

For the red blob indeed the nonshader swordsman was simply forgotten to be included in the release it seems.

-if you don't want to wait for the patch I recommend a new card that supports shader though. For about 30-50 bucks you should get something that will make your games(not only civ) look a lot better;)

ok i finally found drivers (hard to find them for laptops) but the font still is screwed up for some reason (in most of the other mods/scenarios besides AoI and Vanilla BtS)

now im getting leaderheads like this one

any ideas on how to change the fonts?

Yay! That old favourite returns! 's definitely a T&L issue unless I'm much mistaken - what GPU do you have? If it's an onboard one, that's likely to be the issue.

gpu= another name for graphics card? if not then i dunno how to check on that...
the graphics card is a Nvidia Geforce4 420 Go 32M

There's your problem - heavily underspecced for Civ 4; standard GPUs in non-gmaing laptops tend to cut a lot of the features needed for 3D to keep costs, noise, weight and temperatures down.

The initial release of Civ 4 had loads of these issues for lots of people with cards without T&L support, which were largely improved by the first 2 patches. Not sure exactly what they did, but that dependency was much reduced.

where could i contact firaxis about it.. or will there be a patch for it or something?

i got nvidia 8600 gts win vista latest nvidia drivers 2 gb system ram and the graphics dont show up at all with age of ice .. help please

Try right clicking on the BTS icon on your desktop, select properties, click short cut tab, press the advance button, and set "run as administrator". That fixed my graphics problem. I have the same card as you, but I think it is a vista issue...

Top Bottom