Missing Python File = Missing Interface?

billbm

Chieftain
First, sincere thanks to WarKirby for nearly solving this problem

I posted in the Bug Report thread that my FF started with no city, world or other interface, and the a very helpful WarKirby explained it was a known bug, due to missing python files.

Unfortunately, doubtless because of the many Great Thoughts, bugfixes and scenario ideas cramming his mighty brain, he had momentarily forgotten exactly which python file needed to be replaced.

I took his advice and tried to locate it myself, but was unsuccessful, so thought I would ask here if the errant bit of data which had been squeezed our of the august Mr W's cranium might have lodged itself in the collective consciousness of the FF community; that is - does anyone remember exactly what python file needs to copied and from where?

Thanks greatly

Bill

PS Sorry for nonstandard quoting technique but I haven't quite worked out all the board mechanics yet.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote: OLD MESSAGE
Missing User interface on loading FF

Hi All, hope this is the right place to post this.

I've got a problem whose answer, I suspect will be either blindingly obvious or painfully obscure.

I've looked for an answer here on the board and in Civ manuals but have found nothing that seems exactly the same problem.

I have run FfH2 .41 patched to patch g successfully for weeks.

My BTS is a disk based one, patched successfully via the in-game upload to 319 from the start
A few hours ago I downloaded FF from this site, and the patch B and installed them.

When the games starts, there is no user interface, just as if I had hidden it with ALT I, but no other interface elements appear - no options screen, no function key screens, even no menus or buttons in Worldlbuilder. (And ALT I does not help!)

Other than that, the game works fine Key stroke commands work, turns progress etc., Any ideas at all?
The mod looks great, and it is sooo frustrating sitting there watching it 'half-work'.

Thanks!

Response
This is a known issue. It's caused by a missing python file, beause having some certain other mods installed (not sure what yet) mess with that and force theirs into FF.

I can't remember what the python file is. Hope someone else remembers. Once it's figured out, you can copy the file from your bts directory, to Ff. and it should work. If you want to try experimenting, you could try copying anything with "interface" in it's name that doesn't already exist in the FF folder, from beyond the sword/assets/python, to FF's python folder.

enable show python errors (civ4 ini) and the game should tell you what file is missing

It is a Custom Assets issue. Moving a Python file which we do not modify from base BtS into the FF directory solves it by preventing your Custom Assets python file from being used, but the real fix is to open the .ini file in your Fall Further directory and set the line which says "Use Custom Assets Folder?" to 0 to disable the Custom Assets completely, as it can potentially cause other issues, depending on what you have loaded.

Top Bottom