Missing Tech Quotes

cdman1990

Chieftain
I really love those small quotes that appear at each tech when you discover them, but some of the tech don't have quotes. So I found quotes for the techs that don't have them. Here they are:

Advanced Warmachines

"War has changed. Its no longer about nations, ideologies, or ethnicity. Its an endless series of proxy battles fought by mercenaries and machines. War - and its consumption of life - has become a well-oiled machine. War has changed. ID-tagged soldiers carry ID-tagged weapons, use ID-tagged gear. Nanomachines inside their bodies enhance and regulate their abilities. Genetic control. Information control. Emotion control. Battlefield control. Everything is monitored and kept under control. War has changed. The age of deterrence has become the age of control... All in the name of averting catastrophe from weapons of mass destruction. And he who controls the battlefield... controls history. War has changed. When the battlefield is under total control... War becomes routine." - Solid Snake ("Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots")

3D Modeling

"No one who has experienced the intense involvement of computer modeling would deny that the temptation exists to use any data input that will enable one to continue playing what is perhaps the ultimate game of solitaire." - James Lovelock

Aerodynamics

“According to classical aerodynamics, it is impossible for a bumblebee to fly” - Doctor Who

Anti-Aging Medicine

"Youth would be an ideal state if it came a little later in life." - Herbert Asquith

“And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.” - Abraham Lincoln

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Applied Economics

“Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidise it” - Ronald Reagan

Armored Cavalry

"Whiskey for my men, beer for the horses." -Unknown

"If you ain't Cavalry...you ain't s.h.i.t.!" -Unknown

Armored Vehicles

"Who drives armored cars? People who expect gun-fire. Usually people with some fire-power of their own." - Michael Westen ("Burn Notice")

Artificial Evolution

“If we are going to teach creation science as an alternative to evolution, then we should also teach the stork theory as an alternative to biological reproduction.” - Judith Hayes

Artificial Life

"I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image." - Stephen Hawking

Biomimetics

"Nature has been conducting evolutionary experiments for millions of years, so if we're lucky enough to find something close to what we require in nature, then it's very likely to have been highly optimized, and we're unlikely to do much better." - Greg Parker

Brain Machine Interface

"My Brain Machine will enable me to advance mans mental evolution a million years. With man possessed of the brain power of the future, the worlds greatest problems can be solved today." - Dr. Cranum ("The All-New Super Friends Hour")

Canal Systems

"JD: You're not aware of some sort of underground canal system under the hospital, are you? I think I saw a manatee.
Janitor: Was his name Julian?
JD: We didn't exchange pleasantries.
Janitor: That's Julian." - "Scrubs"

Cartography

“A good plan is like a road map: it shows the final destination and usually the best way to get there.” - H. Stanley Judd

“A road map always tells you everything except how to refold it” - Unknown

Ceremonial Burial

"Nobody understands the origin of life. If they say they do, they are probably trying to fool you." - Kenneth Nealson

"It is death that goes down to the center of the earth, the great burial church the earth is, and then to the curved ends of the universe, as light is said to do." - Harold Brodkey

Chariotry

“Know the self to be sitting in the chariot, the body to be the chariot, the intellect the charioteer, and the mind the reins.” - Veda Upanishads

Cognitive Robotics

"Making realistic robots is going to polarize the market, if you will. You will have some people who love it and some people who will really be disturbed." - David Hanson

Communication Networks

"The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it." - Edward R. Murrow

Conglomerates

“Conglomerates are out of favor - the market favors corporate clarity and generally discounts conglomerates. The theme here is a focus on synergies.” - Robert Kindler

Controlled Plasma

"Plasma seems to have the kinds of properties one would like for life. It's somewhat like liquid water-—unpredictable and thus able to behave in an enormously complex fashion. It could probably carry as much information as DNA does. It has at least the potential for organizing itself in interesting ways." - Freeman Dyson

Cryogenics

"Believing cryonics could reanimate somebody who has been frozen is like believing you can turn hamburger back into a cow." - Dr. Arthur Rowe

DNA Computing

"If you can write DNA, you're no longer limited to 'what is' but to what you could make." - Drew Endy

Dualism

"Now the two primal Spirits, who reveal themselves in vision as Twins, are the Better and the Bad, in thought and word and action. Between these two the wise ones chose aright; the foolish not so." - Zoroaster (c.628 - c.551)

Ecological Engineering

"Ecological Engineering is a tool in sustainable management of our resources using resource management principles of the ecosystems" - Jana, Banergee, Guterstam and Heeb

Environmental Economics

"The blunt truth about the politics of climate change is that no country will want to sacrifice its economy in order to meet this challenge, but all economies know that the only sensible long term way of developing is to do it on a sustainable basis." - Tony Blair

Explosives

"Kaboom?! Yes, Ricco kaboom!" - The Madagascar Penguins <<< this is my favorite :lol:

"Last night the United States dropped four 2,000 pound bombs on Saddam Hussein. I don't know anything about explosives, but, my God, do those things even need to explode?" - David Letterman

Flintlock

“I didn't raise my boy to be a soldier, I brought him up to be my pride and joy, Who dares to put a musket to his shoulder, To kill some other mother's boy” - Unknown

Free Artistry

"A great book provides escapism for me. The artistry and the creativity in a story are better than any drugs." - Wentworth Miller

Fuel Cells

"Fuel cell vehicles run on clean-burning hydrogen and are three times more efficient than the traditional combustible engine." - Albert Wynn

"We must move away from our dependency on fossil fuels, and I am glad that GM has invested over $1 billion in hydrogen fuel cells cars to meet this goal." - Albert Wynn

Gene Manipulation

"The advance of genetic engineering makes it quite conceivable that we will begin to design our own evolutionary progress." - Isaac Asimov

"Even minor tampering with nature is apt to bring serious consequences, as did the introduction of a single chemical (DDT). Genetic engineering is tampering on a monumental scale, and nature will surely exact a heavy toll for this trespass." - Eva Novotny

Global Governance

"We have the opportunity to forge... a New World Order, a world where the rule of law, not the law of the jungle, governs the conduct of nations." - George H.W. Bush

"There is no salvation for civilization, or even the human race, other than the creation of a world government." - Albert Einstein

Guided Weapons

"We have guided missiles and misguided men." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Homo Superior

"From these raw materials shall emerge the first great specimen of genius: A Homo Superior!" - Dr. Frankenberry ("Geek Maggot Bingo or The Freak from Suckweasel Mountain")

Hypersonic Flight

"The best safety device is the pilot, who, deep down, regardless of the aircraft, retains a sense of fallibility and vulnerability. No system can ever substitute for that." - Arnold Reiner

Invisibility

“The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike” - Delo McKown

"It's fascinating to think that all around us there's an invisible world we can't even see. I'm speaking, of course, of the World of the Invisible Scary Skeletons.” - Jack Handy

Jet Propulsion

“The challenge was subtle adjustment of jet propulsion.” - Junichiro Kawaguchi

Knowledge Management

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein

"Knowledge is power" - Sir Francis Bacon

Machine Tools

“When a machine begins to run without human aid, it is time to scrap it - whether it be a factory or a government” - Alexander Chase

“I think that anyone who comes upon a Nautilus machine suddenly will agree with me that its prototype was clearly invented at some time in history when torture was considered a reasonable alternative to diplomacy” - Anna Quindlen

Magnetic levitation

"Magnetic levitation, maglev (noun) - high-speed rail technology; train is suspended on a magnetic cushion above a magnetized track and so travels free of friction"

Manufacturing

"A manufacturing district... sends out, as it were, suckers into all its neighbourhood." - Henry Hallam

"Average real wages in Mexican manufacturing are lower than they were 10 years ago, if you can believe that." - Stephen F. Lynch

“Manufacturing and commercial monopolies owe their origin not to a tendency imminent in a capitalist economy but to governmental interventionist policy directed against free trade and laissez faire.” - Ludwig von Mises

Mass Transit

"Beyond highways and roads, we need more money for mass transit, intercity passenger rail and freight rail. We have a long way to go to bridge the funding gaps." - Bill Lipinski

"With the increased cost of gasoline, it doesn't appear that we're going to see a slowing of interest in mass transit. I think it's going to continue to grow." - Tom Barrett

Mechanized Warfare

"The best way to avoid warfare is if no one shows up." - Justin Sane

"If there is anything worse than international warfare, is civil warfare, and the United States was destined to experience it in the extreme of bitterness." - Paul Harris

Mesh Network

“What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo” - Dave Barry

"Describing the Internet as the Network of Networks is like calling the Space Shuttle, a thing that flies.” - John Lester

Metamaterials

"Inventing is a combination of brains and materials. The more brains you use, the less material you need.” - Charles F. Kettering

Micromechanics

"I would do it today because the thing that appealed to me was not necessarily the mechanics of the robot, but it was his personality and how funny and charming he was." - John Badham

"Golfers are forever working on mechanics. My tennis swing hasn't changed in 10 years." - Pete Sampras

Military Robotics

"The danger of the future is that men may become robots. True enough, robots do not rebel. But given man’s nature, robots cannot live and remain sane, they become “Golems,” they will destroy their world and themselves because they cannot stand any longer the boredom of a meaningless life." - Erich Fromm

Mind Uploading

“There comes a time when the mind takes a higher plane of knowledge but can never prove how it got there.” - Albert Einstein

"The human mind is our fundamental resource." - John F. Kennedy

Mining

"Mining is like a search-and-destroy mission." - Stewart Udall

Modern Physics

"In physics, your solution should convince a reasonable person. In math, you have to convince a person who's trying to make trouble. Ultimately, in physics, you're hoping to convince Nature. And I've found Nature to be pretty reasonable." - Frank Wilczek

"It is impossible to trap modern physics into predicting anything with perfect determinism because it deals with probabilities from the outset." - Sir Arthur Eddington

Modern Sanitation

"When you consider the contributions that plumbing and sanitation make to the quality of all of our lives, then much of the other things that we do just seem so much less significant. My goal is for us to provide top quality plumbing products, with fair, low prices, with the best service, sent to the most people that we can." - Vic

Modern Seismology

"Jesuits so dominated the study of earthquakes that seismology became known as the Jesuit Science.'" - Thomas E. Woods Jr.

Nanobotics

"The First Law of Nanobotics: The fusion of nanotechnology and biotechnology, now called nanobiotechnology, will result in the complete elimination of the barrier between living and nonliving materials."

Nanoelectronics

"Nanoelectronics technology is improving the way that batteries and motors in electric vehicles are controlled, giving them a longer range on each charge."

"These findings are twofold. First, they give us an idea of how a cell can manage to generate such enormous force; and second, they provide clues for how engineers might reconstruct these mechanisms for nano-scale devices.” - Danielle France

Nanomining

“When you go to nano-sized dimensions, matter acts differently.” - Robert Celotta

Nanotehnology

“The cleanliness is essential to conducting nano-scale research.” - George Adams

Naval Aviation

"Fight on and fly on to the last drop of blood and the last drop of fuel, to the last beat of the heart." - Baron Manfred von Richthofen

Neural Network

"If you just have a single problem to solve, then fine, go ahead and use a neural network. But if you want to do science and understand how to choose architectures, or how to go to a new problem, you have to understand what different architectures can and cannot do." - Marvin Minsky

Organic Chemistry

"Organic chemistry is the chemistry of carbon compounds. Biochemistry is the study of carbon compounds that crawl." - Mike Adams

"Organic chemistry is the study of organs; inorganic chemistry is the study of the insides of organs." - Max Shulman

Organic Cities

"Organic architecture seeks superior sense of use and a finer sense of comfort, expressed in organic simplicity." - Frank Lloyd Wright

"Organic buildings are the strength and lightness of the spiders' spinning, buildings qualified by light, bred by native character to environment, married to the ground." - Frank Lloyd Wright

Papacy

“The Papacy is not other than the Ghost of the deceased Roman Empire, sitting crowned upon the grave thereof.” - Thomas Hobbes

Personal Robots

"Let’s start with the three fundamental Rules of Robotics.... We have: one, a robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm. Two, a robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law. And three, a robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws." - Isaac Asimov

Planetary Economics

"Some people think that our planet is suffering from a fever. Now scientists are telling us that Mars is experiencing its own planetary warming: Martian warming. This has led some people, not necessarily scientists, to wonder if Mars and Jupiter, non signatories to the Kyoto Treaty, are actually inhabited by alien SUV-driving industrialists." - Fred Thompson

Plastic Electronics

"Everything's plastic, we're all gonna die." - Elizabeth Wurtzel

"We've become a plastic society." - Bill Janklow

Powered Exoskeleton

"Robotic exoskeletons that try to decode the electrical activity of muscles can get confused - sensing limb movement is more reliable." - Honda representative

Radar

"We tend to pay attention to that which is the most current on our radar screen." - Warren Rudman

Railgun

"Fire forward railguns at the lead ship." - Paul Emerson

Rapid Prototyping

"Prototyping is a big deal right now. We get wrapped up in mailing list threads, new tools are released at an astonishing pace, books are being published, and articles show up on Boxes & Arrows. Clients are even asking for prototypes. But here’s the thing… prototyping is not a silver bullet."

Realism

“Art is a lie that makes us realize truth.” - Pablo Picasso

Recycling

"We live in a disposable society. It's easier to throw things out than to fix them. We even give it a name - we call it recycling." - Neil LaBute

"Listen up, you couch potatoes: each recycled beer can saves enough electricity to run a television for three hours." - Denis Hayes

Regenerative Medicine

“We have shown that regenerative medicine techniques can be used to generate functional bladders that are durable. This suggests that regenerative medicine may one day be a solution to the shortage of donor organs in this country for those needing transplants.” - Anthony Atala

Sacrifice Cult

"In hard core satanic groups they believe the best way to raise the energy are either the sexual act or by murdering something, either an animal or a person...an enormous amount of energy is released...with a human beingthere is even more energy released...if you want to raise the ultimate kind of power you sacrifice someone. The first is the baby as there is a huge amount of life energy, next is the virgin, and finally anybody." - Bill Schnoebelen

Sanitation

"When I got out of high school they retired my jersey, but it was for hygiene and sanitary reasons” - George Carlin

Semiconductors

"I think it's doing very well. I'm pleased to see the concentration on semiconductors. I think this will help." - Jack Kilby

Siege Warfare

"Now even the American command is under siege. We are hitting it from the north, east, south and west. We chase them here and they chase us there. But at the end we are the people who are laying siege to them. And it is not them who are besieging us." - Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf

Skyroads

"In the sky, there is no distinction of east and west; people create distinctions out of their own minds and then believe them to be true." - Buddha (563 - 483 BC)

Smart Drugs

“Why is there so much controversy about drug testing? I know plenty of guys who would be willing to test any drug they could come up with” - George Carlin

“Half of the modern drugs could well be thrown out of the window, except that the birds might eat them.” - Martin H. Fischer

Smart Dust

"But those concerns won't slow this storm. A Dust Age is upon us." - Matthew Boyle

Sonar

“I like to operate like a submarine on sonar. When I am picking up noise from both the left and right, I know my course is correct.” - Unknown

Space Colonies

"The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program. And if we become extinct because we don't have a space program, it'll serve us right!" - Larry Niven

"Remember this: once the human race is established on more than one planet and especially, in more than one solar system, there is no way now imaginable to kill off the human race." - Robert Heinlein

Space Station

“That's no moon. It's a space station." - Alec Guinness

"Captain Zapp Brannigan: One day, a man has everything. Then the next day, he blows up a billion dollar space station. And then the next day, he has nothing. Makes you think, huh, Kipp?
Kif Kroker: No, it doesn't." - "Futurama"

Space Tourism

"In 12 or 15 years, there will be routine, affordable space tourism not just in the U.S. but in a lot of countries." - Burt Rutan

Stealth

"The greatest pleasure I know is to do a good action by stealth and have it found out by accident." - Charles Lamb

“What is a stealth bomber? It's a bomber that doesn't show up on radar, and you can't see it. Then we don't need one.” - Robin William

Superstrong Alloys

"We are looking for an alternative to platinum, a nickel-cobalt-copper alloy. We want some of its properties, but at a lower cost, and nickel, cobalt and copper alloys are a possible solution.” - David Jarvis

Teleportation

"I teleported home one night
With Ron and Sid and Meg.
Ron stole Meggie's heart away
And I got Sidney's leg." - Douglas Adams

Thought Scanning

“Sometimes when I'm talking, my words can't keep up with my thoughts. I wonder why we think faster than we speak. Probably so we can think twice.” - Bill Watterson

Unmanned Air Vehicles

“We were able to show precisely through the use of the UAV that we had been very careful in targeting to only hit the area where here was insurgency activity and left the bulk of the mosque completely intact.” - Barbara Fast

Vertical Farming

"Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and you're a thousand miles from the corn field." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

"The more we pour the big machines, the fuel, the pesticides, the herbicides, the fertilizer and chemicals into farming, the more we knock out the mechanism that made it all work in the first place." - David R. Brower

Warmachines

"Dr. Vance Hendricks: Steven, theres a Martian war machine parked outside, they would like a word about the common cold.
Dr. Stephen Franklin: Tell them to make an appointment." - "Babylon 5"

Wearable Computers

“Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns." - Mitch Ratcliffe

"Home computers are being called upon to perform many new functions, including the consumption of homework formerly eaten by the dog." - Doug Larson

Weather Control

"Others are engaging even in an eco-type of terrorism whereby they can alter the climate, set off earthquakes, volcanoes remotely through the use of electromagnetic waves." - United States Secretary of Defense William S. Cohen

Wireless Electricity

"Electricity is actually made up of extremely tiny particles called electrons, that you cannot see with the naked eye unless you have been drinking." - Dave Barry

"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by candlelight." - George Gobel

Feel free to pick the one's that you like the best.

PS if you could incorporate them in your next beta will be great. :goodjob:

glad you like them:D, now if only someone knows a program where you write down the words and a computer generated voice speaks them, we could make these and the other non original civ quotes soundable

Top Bottom