[MOD] Fall from Heaven

Kael said:
The seafaring trait is supposed to incent players to stick to the coasts. One way to ddo that is to give them bonus from water stuff, the other way is to penalize them for land stuff. The trait does both. Im pretty sure the trait neds to be strengthened (on the bonus from water side), but it will probably retain the -1 food from farms.

It also makes a nice dynamic that the coast cities in a searfaring civ tend to grow and be the production workhorses, while the internal cities tend to be smaller stategic holds. It seems natural to me that people in a searfaring civilizations flock to the coast cities.

I might let every water conected seafaring city start with a free lighthouse, that would grant +1 food from every water tile for that city.

Oh i see what you mean but it still seems a little harsh. Maybe if they got an extra food per water tile in addition to the lighthouse that would work. I still see it kind of underbalanced the way it is and i cant seem to force my self to play a seafaring civ like that.

IMO since the other traits give just bonuses and not penaltys i think it should do the same thing maybe though give it less benifits. But its your mod im just voicing my opinion. I cant wait to see version 1.0 :goodjob:

Kael said:
Uploading to the primary link now. It will probably take about 40 minutes for the upload to complete.

Isn't it possible to make separate zip with files you've fixed only and place it somewhere for us to download? I strongly suspect that such a zip would be a little smaller than main installer. :)

Holger said:
Isn't it possible to make separate zip with files you've fixed only and place it somewhere for us to download? I strongly suspect that such a zip would be a little smaller than main installer. :)

Yes, but i need a complete mod up for everyone from this point on anyway. Once I get that in place I'll throw together a little zip for you guys that already have it.

Okay the fixed version is in place. I will see if I can make a dif extract.

Okay, can someone verify they have the techtree error (clicking a tech pops up an error) and the religion screen error (unable to change state religions) and then download and run the following executable and make sure it fixes both issues.

http://www.civfanatics.net/~kael/files/FfH%20095%20patch1.exe

Let me know.

Couple bugs I have noticed so far in .95:

Every single goody hut I grabbed at the beginning of the game awarded me a free technology. This is nice, but I doubt it is how its supposed to work.

The regular lighthouse costs 200 hammers. The Great Lighthouse also costs 200 hammers. Hmm...

Kael. You are the one of the most dedicated people I know. To see your passion for making a great mod is something, makes me want to learn to do all of this. I'm going to wait for 1.0, but for you to have put out .95, and put up with everything that goes into a release, knowing full well that there are none of these issues on 1.0, is, well, pretty astounding. Thanks again. You really need to get hired by someone and get paid for all this.

Yes. I know. Firaxis has made a great product, and I love the game. However, you put out a .95 why? Because you said you would release something. It is irritating that they would say early February, not release it, and not say anything about it. Which means they probably found a last minute glitch. Who knows? Communication is the key to any relationship. They should say something.

Ok. I'm gonna crawl off the soap box, and back into my hole. I'm not coming back till I can do something useful.

Keep it up, you rock.

Kael said:
Okay, can someone verify they have the techtree error (clicking a tech pops up an error) and the religion screen error (unable to change state religions) and then download and run the following executable and make sure it fixes both issues.

http://www.civfanatics.net/~kael/files/FfH%20095%20patch1.exe

Let me know.

Tech tree works ok now - switching research stopped to generate error and tech updates correctly with number of turns needed.
Don't know about religions, as I can't check it yet...
Thank you for "patch" file :)

Will a predesigned map be released someday? It would be very cool...

elhoim said:
Will a predesigned map be released someday? It would be very cool...

Scenerios are planned, yes.

The Bramble said:
Couple bugs I have noticed so far in .95:

Every single goody hut I grabbed at the beginning of the game awarded me a free technology. This is nice, but I doubt it is how its supposed to work.

The regular lighthouse costs 200 hammers. The Great Lighthouse also costs 200 hammers. Hmm...

I think you are just having good luck with the goody huts, I have gotten a variety of stuff. As for the lighthouse..... that needs to be fixed. Thanks for pointing it out.

Holger said:
Tech tree works ok now - switching research stopped to generate error and tech updates correctly with number of turns needed.
Don't know about religions, as I can't check it yet...
Thank you for "patch" file :)

Cool, thanks Holger.

Hey Kael-sorry to be a bother but any chance of getting the filefront download site back up the downlolad time is killin me...thanks:)

Wait, so why was 1.0 pushed back again?

Anyways, when can we expect 1.0 to be released? I want to plan my schedule accordingly. ;)

I'm going to hold off on .95, because I'll play it to death and i'd rather just wait for 1.0 in its entirety.

Kael said:
I think you are just having good luck with the goody huts, I have gotten a variety of stuff. As for the lighthouse..... that needs to be fixed. Thanks for pointing it out.

Really? Well excuse me then, I'm going to have to stop playing your mod for a while whilst I get on a plane to Vegas!

eazy69stl said:
Hey Kael-sorry to be a bolther but any chance of getting the filefrolnt downloadsite back up the downlolad time is killin me...thanks:)

I will put it up as soon as they let me delete the old version. They have the deletion service down for maintenance.

Sisonpyh said:
Wait, so why was 1.0 pushed back again?

Anyways, when can we expect 1.0 to be released? I want to plan my schedule accordingly. ;)

I'm going to hold off on .95, because I'll play it to death and i'd rather just wait for 1.0 in its entirety.

I don't know when 1.0 will be released. I need something else to happen first, and that event is outside of my control. Sorry I have to be somewhat vague about it.

And I definitly feel your pain about trying to schedule around an unknown date, I feel the same way.

0.95 is 1.0 minus 7 changes. They are cool changes (I like the fact that fireballs just explode on their victims instead of having a fight sequence and some units can cross land and sea tiles) but it is still only 7 of a long list of changes.

Kael said:
I don't know when 1.0 will be released. I need something else to happen first, and that event is outside of my control. Sorry I have to be somewhat vague about it.

I assume this implies the next patch will be out soon, very soon. You're original release date and the sudden change in status makes me curious as to who you work for. :D

Hopefully the modded fantasy civs will be updated to work with .95. One of the reasons I've been waiting. I didn't want to play this mod without the fantasy civs too. What's the point? ;)

Dear Kael and FFH team,

Thanks a ton for the quick patch. I found the religion bug during my first game of 0.95 and was excited to see the solution already posted here. To think I just downloaded the new version an hour ago and the fix is already here. This is great customer service and I do not even pay a single dime for this. If I was a millionaire I would instantly hire you and your team for a gameing project :lol: .

As far as I can see Religion and tech is fixed now. I did not play very long into a new game yet but the animals do not seem to stay on the map once the barbarians appear (huge map/terra/noble/rageing barbs). After lets say 100 turns only barbs left. Thats a pity because the animals went from cheap cannon fodder to most welcome early culture boosters. By the time you can send out 2 or 3 hunters all the goodies are gone :( .

The boost the barbarians got from 0.80 -> 0.90 is really noticeable. They build wonders and even waste Prophets for golden ages, wicked. Not only one time during my beloved huge maps with very little AI competitors they destroy 1 or 2 AI civs.

Unfortunately I do not know anything about modding but as far as I understand once Firaxis releases some sort of tool soon it will become easier. I would love to contribute a giant squid or whale transport for the Overlords. Somehow they remind me of the mind flayers from D&D. Perhaps some weak mind controlling unit... choices choices. I bet it is hard to weight versability and playabilty. Okay anyhow, great mod, must be so much work.

Kind regards
Furin

Top Bottom