Mod Ideas

dragonprobably

The Poster Formerly Known as MartinLuther
So here are some Ideas for some Steampunk Mods:

The Time Travel Mod:

The Map would consist of a central hub where the time travelers can send off their Time Travel capsules (which can hold up to 4 units, a Settler, a Worker, a Scout, and a Soldier) from their cities and each civilzation in the hub should have an 'oracle' unit which can see into a certain point in time (recon) to see if it's safe to send your Time Travel capsules to that area.

Outside the hub are different sections representing different eras in time each seperated by an unpassible terrain. Each section has it's own civilizations and resources.

Here is a list of some points in time you could travel to (you don't have to use all of them):

• The Stone Age
  • The Classical Era
  • Renaissance Italy
  • Pre-Columbian America
  • Feudal Japan
  • 1920's Chicago
  • 1960's America
  • Modern-Day London
  • A Vintage Sci-Fi Future (think Buck Rogers or Star Trek)
  • A Post-Apocolypse Timeline (think Fallout or Mad Max)
  • Biblical Times
  • WWII

A Steampunk Urban Warfare Mod:

This mod would take place in Victorian London. The name says it all. Some civilizations that should be included are the Royal Government, Scotland Yard, The Extraordinary League of Gentlemen, The Cult of Cthulu, Voodoo Worshipers, Assorted London Gangs, Malum Sodalitas, and the London Trading Co.

Martin! Fellow city modder - The London scenario you describe had already been thought of and was even given its own thread in my Workshop over at SOC, where you're more than welcome. Your ideas for possible Civs sound good.

I've even got the germ of an idea for a backstory: Mystery of the 10 Clocks, that involves securing 10 different strategic resources.

hopefully id like you to youe balthazars official steam punk mod. my question is do you already have a map for the scenario? heres my idea divid up the world map into a non-drant that is to say 9 equal parts. each section of the map should show a small scaled down version of a partictular region. in one of the nondrants you would find a small version of the westren front of ww2 europe having 2 civs allies and axis. dosent need to be gigantic in size but should have london paris and berlin . london and paris would be called allies civ. berlin would be axis civ. in another nondrant you would find a small map of chicago in 1920s and its 2 civs would be mafia and another civ Thugs or police what ever you want to call them. in the another nondrant you find another small minimap with another setup of 2 civs. in some you would find only 1 civ like the london map. in the center nondrant you find your timespace hub. im not sure how to connect the varis sub-maps but iv heard theres a type of portal technology in civ3 or something like that. i would go with bathazars mod becasue it offers a wide range of possibilities his dinosuars would be cool if you of the submaps was a jungle area with a few dinosuars. but iv given you my basic concept of what id like to see in this time travel scenario.

Top Bottom