[MOD] POST APOCALYPTIC Conversion (For Warlords 2.08)

I've mainly been focusing on trying to get those stupid barbarians working. I think I've come up with a temporary solution. I'll let you know. Since i've made the mod modular, I'm gonna have to show you the new format for techs and units etc.

good ideas for the units... mostly mid-late game stuff....but still interesting :)

Nah, what I'm thinking is that while guns are not avalible in large amounts, they are common enough to prevent the widespread adoption of ranged non chemical weapons, such as bows and crossbows.

Oh, and another class:

Mounted: These are units of varying strength and speed but all of them are rare. Requires a mount resource (perhaps several diffrent) that is rare. Several diffrent types of mounts = several diffrent types of resources required to build.

PS: What kind of SDK are we using? CCP?

What do you mean what kind? Theres more than one? I've been working with the one put out by firaxis :)

-S

There's a bunch of mod SDKs that contain more functions, many more functions. Although it requires some modification of XML, I don't think it should affect python.

Edit: I'm thinking specifically of this one.

There's a bunch of mod SDKs that contain more functions, many more functions. Although it requires some modification of XML, I don't think it should affect python.

Edit: I'm thinking specifically of this one.

I'll look into it. I dont know how it will affect the modular mod i've put into it already (its a huge boon-- you'll see)

-S

yeah, picking a good SDK and having someone with skillz help you integrate and compile it, is the best.

ArneHD, did you learn to do SDK stuff?

Not a lot, although I am learning C++ and getting the hang of it, sort of. SDK has really been haging in the air as school takes a lot of time now. Paticulary since I have exams in April, I'm making one final push.

:mad: I don't like how you said with th "Concept of God" tech that people degraded morally because they forgot their religious beliefs,we don't need religion to be morally healthy,monkeys and chimpanzees have rudimentary moral-based behaviors but no religious belief.Morals came from millions of years of evolution so that humans could interact better in groups and form societies.The first four of the ten commandments have nothing to do with morality,they just tell people to be close-minded and not consider other,equally true(they aren't true at all) religions.The other six are basic moral concepts found in earlier writings and are familiar to people who have never even belonged to a religion around the globe.For gameplay purposes,people should have somesort of beilef system but as science continues to disprove religious beliefs it should have little or no effect at the end of the tech tree.:science:What would be kind of interesting is if the religion was based on an atlantis-type legend about an advanced race that the survivors were a part of and that the race killed themselves off with super-weapons(nukes).:nuke:

I really don't think you meant to offend anybody but you should be aware that this subject makes people kill each other.

PROUD TO BE AN ATHEIST!:D

I'm Agnostic myself so i'm well aware of what your saying. However in a post-apocolyptic world religion is one of the few things I believe people would have to hold on to and would be used (as it was in the ancient past) to control society and force a code of standards on people. Certianly not meant to offend anyone- this IS fantasy after all.

HAPPY NEW YEARS ALL!

-S

EDIT - How do you know Monkey's have no religious beliefs? Has a Monkey ever told you he doesn't believe in God?

:mad: I don't like how you said with th "Concept of God" tech that people degraded morally because they forgot their religious beliefs,we don't need religion to be morally healthy,monkeys and chimpanzees have rudimentary moral-based behaviors but no religious belief.Morals came from millions of years of evolution so that humans could interact better in groups and form societies.The first four of the ten commandments have nothing to do with morality,they just tell people to be close-minded and not consider other,equally true(they aren't true at all) religions.The other six are basic moral concepts found in earlier writings and are familiar to people who have never even belonged to a religion around the globe.For gameplay purposes,people should have somesort of beilef system but as science continues to disprove religious beliefs it should have little or no effect at the end of the tech tree.:science:What would be kind of interesting is if the religion was based on an atlantis-type legend about an advanced race that the survivors were a part of and that the race killed themselves off with super-weapons(nukes).:nuke:

I really don't think you meant to offend anybody but you should be aware that this subject makes people kill each other.

PROUD TO BE AN ATHEIST!:D

Religion and faith is power, if not to you at least to the guy on top of the pyramid.

While I'm an atheist and can see where you are coming from, Religion and faith are simply too important to be completly ignored.

Ok all -- Back from New Years vacation - lots of things to add in the next few days. First off i'd like to remind people that we are still recruiting! If your interested in helping out let me know.

On that note I'd like to welcome Zebra-9 to the team! I'm sure you'll all love the things he's going to be contributing to the team, so watch out for posts from him here soon :)

-S

EDIT - Is the apocalypse really coming? This just in from Fox News - a 2 headed cow has really been born! Check out the photo!

Hi all. I'm a little busy w/ my MOD right now so I won't be able to help for the next 1 to 2 weeks. Looking foward to the release of the PAMod.:goodjob:

Any progress? If you need any help, upload the file and I can see what I can do.

Any progress? If you need any help, upload the file and I can see what I can do.

Took a short break for a few days while waiting on some of the others to finish up some stuff of thier own.... figure its easier to work in tandem... i'll post the current VERY broken version tommorow if you want to see how its coming along.

:nuke: You should make it possible to make nukes at the end of the tech tree,so then you can nuke everybody and start the rebirth of civilization all over again:crazyeye:

are you going to make an earth map for this and if so I was thinking you could put greatly reduced barbarian or mutant cities or villages were our cities now stand.
PS I like those vault gaurd skins you had as demo.
PSS I dont know any modding but you know any good toturails I'll try to figure it out and help you (sorry all I can do)

Top Bottom