• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Mod request: Conversion if possible of previous civ 4 map script.

Cosmic Fox

Civ 6 Addict - TB Mod Collaborator
If it is at all possible, I am sure it is. I would like to request a Map Pack for civ 4 to be converted to civ 6 format. It is called Planet Generator_68.

Why do I want this? Because you can do anything with it pertaining to how many land masses you want, how many players per land mass, add or subtract rivers, lakes, etc. I used only this script whenever I played Civ 4 with all other mods in fact. To me it was the king of map scripts, it had a couple of bugs but feature loaded.

I have spent literally all day trying to get a game going with my own land mass. Either I am plopped down in the tundra, sand, or 2-3 civs are on my land mass. Hell I am using Immense Map by Mynex for 24 players with only 10 civs. I am still seeing them on my land mass lol. I bet there are others out there who also like this situation of no one to deal with right away.

I suspect most of the features it has can't be implemented but I am hoping the part of how many players per land mass and number of land masses can be done.

To me this is the most important part of the game, early interaction with other civs for wars, trading etc. Another strategy is to wait until later in the classical era to meet the neighborhood. :) This is just my style of playing since I enjoy building the improvements and exploration. Thanks if someone can do it. I am almost willing to pay, almost ;)

There are times I play to ally with the AI or whatever then you must have them on your land mass. Most of the time I enjoy building my empire and not fuss with the AI early on while I am getting my foundation going. Wars are a blast but the time for it is later not early as the AI tries to slow you down by declaring wars all the time I noticed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom