Mod Suggestions

vasut

Chieftain
Just purchased Civ4Col a week ago. Have enjoyed playing a game that I first played, what, 15 years ago?

Anyway, I see there are a lot of mods available in the Mods subfolder. Any recommendations from the field as to which mod(s) are worth downloading?

Thanks,
Charlie

My usual response. ;)

Definitely install the patch! The game is bugged without the patch. And use this patch from the downloads section not the in-game patch as it's bugged too. http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=11915

Play a couple games with patched Colonization then head into the mods section for a look.

There's a couple of good mods to try:
- Mare Nostrum: Play colonization in the mediteranean in the ancient age.
- Plantation Economy which modifies the economy to a farm based economy.
- Ein Platz an der Sonne: Play colonization in Africa during the 1800's.
- BLU Mod: All new graphics and unique units.

And of course my own Mod:
- Age of Discovery II: Aimed to provide a complete colonial experience in the Americas. (Considered more an unofficial expansion than a Mod)

With it's ModMod:
- Age of Further Discovery

Thank you, Dale.

Hmm...I've already installed the patch. How do I know if I got the correct one? I recall that I tried unsuccessfully (twice) to download/install from the in-game Update section. I eventually downloaded it from, I think, the Firaxis site. Is there a way I can tell? According to the Build, I have:

Colonization 101
Save 2
Build 1.0.0.1 (121000)
Sat 28 Feb 08:13:10 2009

As for your mod suggestions, I'll try them all. I'm not an experienced modder. Any special instructions on dowloading and installing them properly in the Colonization folders?

Thanks,
Charlie

Just read the instructions in the mod's thread, and any questions post in the relevant threads. :)

Youv'e got the patch running if youv'e got 1.01.

Thanks, Dale. I am having trouble installing your AODII. Instructions say to unzip to C4C\Mods, but I don't see that sub-folder, and it wouldn't let me create it. Or least not the way I was doing it, i.e., within WinZip.

Never mind, Dale, I was able to create the Mods folder, using Windows Explorer, and unzipped the files to C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization\Mods, and it worked. Nice work.

If you don't mind helping with something else, I'm having trouble with Ekmek's MareNostrum. I downloaded it, found WinRAR on the Internet and downloaded it, but when I try to extract the downloaded MareNostrum file to the same Mods folder above, I get a series of errors (almost 7,000) that say that the specified path could not be found.

I've left a message on the MareNostrum board for help, but maybe you will see this first and know the solution.

Thanks.

Never mind, again, Dale. I got this problem sorted out as well.

Thanks for your help, and recommendations.

No probs.

Top Bottom