Mod that changes/updates texts?

awesomejj101

Chieftain
I made a mod that edits a text but it wont change in game.

This one worked:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!-- Created by ModBuddy on 2/10/2014 8:42:51 AM -->
<GameData>
	<LANGUAGE_en_US>
		<Update>
			<Where Tag="TXT_KEY_BUILDING_COLOSSEUM_STRATEGY"/>
			<Set>
				<Text>The Colosseum increases the citys [ICON_HAPPINESS_1] Happiness by 4 and [ICON_GOLD] Gold by 4.</Text>
			</Set>
		</Update>
	</LANGUAGE_en_US>
</GameData>

But these did not:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!-- Created by ModBuddy on 2/17/2015 7:09:05 PM -->
<GameData>
	<LANGUAGE_en_US>
		<Update>
			<Where Tag="TXT_KEY_BUILDING_FACTORY_STRATEGY"/>
			<Set>
				<Text>The Factory adds an extra [ICON_PRODUCTION]. This building Requires 1 [ICON_RES_COAL] Coal.</Text>
			</Set>
		</Update>

<Update>
			<Where Tag="TXT_KEY_BUILDING_WINDMILL_STRATEGY"/>
			<Set>
				<Text>+10% [ICON_PRODUCTION] Production when constructing buildings. Adds +1 [ICON_FOOD] Food.</Text>
			</Set>
		</Update>

<Update>
			<Where Tag="TXT_KEY_BUILDING_STADIUM_STRATEGY"/>
			<Set>
				<Text>Requires a theater in the city. The Stadium increases [ICON_HAPPINESS_1] and [ICON_GOLD] in the built city.</Text>
			</Set>
		</Update>
	</LANGUAGE_en_US>
</GameData>

I'm suprised the first one worked. Usually the game is viciously unfriendly to capitalization errors. I wouldn't have expected it to evaluate <LANGUAGE_en_US> as being the same as <Language_en_US>.

All I can say at this point is:
whoward69's enable error logging tutorial
  • Whoward's tutorial for error logging shows you how to activate an essential tool for debugging of broken mods. Just bear in mind the error logs will only report problems with XML / SQL / lua code -- they will not tell you the problem you have with the settings you used when you created an art file, however.
And one last link: whoward69's zip your mods and attach tutorial. Always is good procedure to attach the mod when you can't find your mistake.

Also, you've placed this thread in the wrong forum. Where you've placed it is for completed tutorials and references. No hoo-hoo. I'll ping a moderator to move the thread.

Top Bottom