[MOD] The Authentic Colonization (TAC)

Naetur, thank you for your screenshot. It could be a well-known bug which isn't specific to TAC but to all mods. Mods for Civ4Col which are installed at MyGames folder don't work if there is a special sign (like "ä", "é", "ñ", "ç") at the user name of the MyGames folder. Perhaps a specific Spanish letter is part of your user name? Then create a new folder named "mods" at that place which raystuttgart has described and put the folder "TAC 2.02d_inoffiziell" there. :)

I have some native tribes that have huge penalties on 'your way of life threaten us', like a -9 toward me, and yet I have not settled anywhere near them! So I was wondering:
a) Are roads passing in their village also a bother for them?
b) If I'm powerful, anywhere on map, do they get the penalty, just because I'm strong, even if not near them?
I will ask Elwood, our expert for diplomacy, to answer. ;)
Vorpal, here's Elwood's reply ... ;)

Hi there!

I thought about your problem and I´m afraid, I can´t give you an absolutely satisfying answer, that´s because I myself don´t understand all the mechanism behind these penalties.

I´m pretty sure, that streets don´t bother natives, that can´t be it. Your general power may have an effect, how far has your game developed jet? If you are more in the lategame and quiet strong, I would say, that such a penalty is ok, depending also much on what happened before:

Did you ever trade with this native or did anything else positive for/with him? If not, that may be also a reason, because he has no reasons to trust you.

Did you fight against other natives before? Maybe they were friends …

Did you even extinguish any native tribe? Did other?

Are you friends with an other European, that the native tribe doesn´t like at all?

You say, that you don´t settle next to this tribe. I´m just guessing, but even if you don´t disturb their settlements radius of working, they sometimes have bigger (invisible) cultural borders than that, i.e. settlements next to each others are often connected. Maybe your increasing cultural influence pushed it back?

Hope that helps a little, if you have more questions, don´t hesitate to ask.

Naetur, thank you for your screenshot. It could be a well-known bug which isn't specific to TAC but to all mods. Mods for Civ4Col which are installed at MyGames folder don't work if there is a special sign (like "ä", "é", "ñ", "ç") at the user name of the MyGames folder. Perhaps a specific Spanish letter is part of your user name? Then create a new folder named "mods" at that place which raystuttgart has described and put the folder "TAC 2.02d_inoffiziell" there. :)

That was it!!! :D

Thanks Writing Bull and thanks raystuttgart. It was exactly that. I have a special sign in my user name and that was the problem. I created the folder "Mods" avoiding my user name folder and it worked perfectly, as you can see in the screenshot...

You made my day!! Long live to TAC :goodjob:

Attachments

• Thanks.jpg
    Thanks.jpg
    311.3 KB · Views: 504
Continuing my Gigantic-Epic TAC Game... I have a question, I'm unsure it is not just a standard feature or a TAC one though...

I have some native tribes that have huge penalties on 'your way of life threaten us', like a -9 toward me, and yet I have not settled anywhere near them!

We could guess for the reason, but we can't determine it safely. Would you please upload a savegame so we could have a look at the whole ingame situation?

Sorry, we don't know it yet. We are working on it. The next version will be our final one and that job will last for some time. ;)

Sorry, we don't know it yet. We are working on it. The next version will be our final one and that job will last for some time. ;)

Thank you for re-adding the random events mechanic into your mod!!! Firaxis and 2K games made a BIG mistake by removing it from Colonization, it was such a great mechanic, I don't understand why Firaxis' and 2K's game developers decided to take it out!

Thank you for re-adding the random events mechanic into your mod!!! Firaxis and 2K games made a BIG mistake by removing it from Colonization, it was such a great mechanic, I don't understand why Firaxis' and 2K's game developers decided to take it out!
Thank you!

The random event mechanic was not removed from CivCOL, the complete code was there. It was just not used for anything except for the tutorial. We reactivated it and added a bit of colonization specific coding.

I assume the event system was not used in CIVCol as they had to release the game early (publisher pressure?). That can be seen in many cases in the code, not only the event system. The basic coding is there, it's just not used or was never completed.

That can be seen in many cases in the code, not only the event system. The basic coding is there, it's just not used or was never completed.

:yup:
And in some cases it seemed like they tried to complete a feature but the code was simply still bugged ...

But who cares anymore. :dunno:
Firaxis gave us modders a great base to create interesting and cool mods. :thumbsup:

Cool mod!:goodjob:
I'm in the middle of my first game and just built a college - and to my surprise 44 turns to pop a trained unit?!:eek:
What's the point of building the college or university??
How do I edit this to something more resonable

Cool mod!:goodjob:
I'm in the middle of my first game and just built a college - and to my surprise 44 turns to pop a trained unit?!:eek:
What's the point of building the college or university??
How do I edit this to something more resonable

There are some ways to improve the training speed. Rebel sentiment will give you up to 50% more education and there are a bunch of founding fathers with +x% to education aswell.
Also keep in mind that the training time doesn't increase in this mod.
It's possible to reduce the time significant. But you have to do something to get there.

And the college and university are needed to teach more advanced jobs, like statesman and such.

Congrats on the mod! I gotta say it's awesome to finally see a "true" Colonization remake. :)

I hope some of my work on the official patch and AoD2 helped this goal to be met. :)

I hope some of my work on the official patch and AoD2 helped this goal to be met. :)

Your work is an inspiration for the complete CivCol-Modding scene. :)
I think all CivCol mods greatly profit from your efforts.

Whenever I integrated one of your features or used parts of your source code I was very impressed. :goodjob:

Congrats on the mod! I gotta say it's awesome to finally see a "true" Colonization remake. :)

Thank you, Dale! For your accolade. And also for your own work which was very helpful for us. :)

Your work is an inspiration for the complete CivCol-Modding scene. :)
I think all CivCol mods greatly profit from your efforts.

Whenever I integrated one of your features or used parts of your source code I was very impressed. :goodjob:

Thank you, Dale! For your accolade. And also for your own work which was very helpful for us. :)

Guys, I only planted some seeds, it's the fantastic modders who watered them, nurtured them and made Civ4Col a fantastic game. Good on ya. :goodjob:

I thought I'd just drop by to say how amazing this mod is, and how thankful I am for it.
I'm sincerely surprised that I'm enjoying civcol more than modded bts because of this mod!

I've played through several games now and I only have some rather minor comments:

I feel that Industrious is perhaps a little underpowered, and explorer probably overpowered.
Creating whale oil seems like an aweful lot of effort for very little pay off. You have to build a whole lot of infrastructure simply to be able to collect the resource, let alone process it into something worth any significant money, at which point it is worth slightly more than the cocao you can harvest straight off the bat from day one.
Educating citizens is annoying, but probably fair considering the travel and inflation associated with native teaching.

I thought I'd just drop by to say how amazing this mod is, and how thankful I am for it.
Thank you, we are glad that users like TAC.

Creating whale oil seems like an aweful lot of effort for very little pay off. You have to build a whole lot of infrastructure simply to be able to collect the resource, let alone process it into something worth any significant money, at which point it is worth slightly more than the cocao you can harvest straight off the bat from day one.
We are discussing the balancing for whaling in the development team at the moment. It is correct that a lot of infrastructure is needed and that prices seem to be too low for it. On the other hand, whaling boats do not require any food. This is different to all other resource harvesting and has to be part of our balancing.

I will leave your comments regarding traits and education for other TAC team members to comment on.

I'm sincerely surprised that I'm enjoying civcol more than modded bts because of this mod!
Thank you, Capuqin! :king:
I feel that Industrious is perhaps a little underpowered, and explorer probably overpowered.
Other users have other opinions which leader attribute is the best one and which is the worst one. Each user has his own preference to play our game and therefore his own preference leader attribute. ;)
Ronnar has already answered. Yes, you are right. Our balancing of whaling isn't perfect. We are already working to improve it.
Educating citizens is annoying, but probably fair considering the travel and inflation associated with native teaching.
Yes, you have to wait a long time until a student finish his training course. But there are some instruments which can help you. Some founding fathers and also the rebel sentiment increase the production of education points.

Is there newer versions of TAC? I downloaded the mod last year (and I love it) but I was wondering if newer versions are available. Is there a ver # for TAC?

Top Bottom