Mod to LIMIT border growth to 3 tiles

King Phaedron

Warlord
Is there a way I can edit the game so that border growth beyond 3 tiles simply does not happen?

I searched and only ever found mods and people asking for unlimited border growth or the ability to work 5 tiles. I mean God forbid your culture cost is a tiny bit higher.

It's ugly and often wasteful. It is especially disgusting when city states have more then 2 tiles. They ought not to be allowed to even have 3.

Maybe there is a mod where I can set the border limit to any number I want?

Theoretically, this should be doable by changing MAXIMUM_ACQUIRE_PLOT_DISTANCE in GlobalDefines.xml – though it's possible that Firaxis has also hardcoded this value in the DLL. (If memory serves, that's what they did with the maximum workable range, which is why whoward's City Working Distance mod requires the VMC DLL.)

Hopefully, Firaxis will be more accommodating when it comes to reducing the base-game values, but you never know... :b

Thanks for your reply. I ahve a more urgent problem. A custom civilization, VINLAND, crashes the game because they cannot enter the Renaissance era and receive spies. I have tried to contact the creator, but can't get a hold of him.

Since you have made many fine civilizations yourself that do not crash, maybe you would be capable of releasing a fixed version of Vinland.

Top Bottom