Mod vs. Steam Dilemma

noncognosco

Warlord
Ok so I have been a defender of Civ 5 vanilla for the brief time that I have actually been posting on these forums. But...I played my first mod game over the weekend and the difference is really amazing. I used all the really talked about mods that I could find: Thal's Balance Mod, Info Addict, CivWillard, R.E.D., the Tectonics Map Script and I think one more but I can't remember the name. The UI was so much better, I like the reworked tech tree and I even thought the smaller redrawn units were a big improvement.

Anyway here is my dilemma: I am not sure I can go back to vanilla. But I have not yet beaten the game using every leader and I kind of wanted to rack up all the steam achievements. What should I do?

Oh and also, does anyone have suggestions for any more mods I should run? I don't want to completely rework the game, just tweak it to make it smoother, more balanced and prettier.

yes those Mods really rock...

Another great one even though it does change game play a bit is the City State Diplomacy Mod. It uses a unit mechanic to gain influence over City States rather than strictly cash. Great Mod.

As far as Vanilla and achievements... I would say to play the mads for fun sake until Firaxis catches up. Then go back and finish them.

My 2 cents.

Top Bottom