<bFavoriteCivic>1</bFavoriteCivic>
        </FavoriteCivic>
        <FavoriteCivic>
          <CivicType>CIVIC_SLAVERY</CivicType>
          <bFavoriteCivic>1</bFavoriteCivic>
        </FavoriteCivic>
      </FavoriteCivics>

Installation Instructions:

1) Unzip this into the "bts_install_folder\Mods\" folder.
2) Open the CivilizationIV.ini configuration file
3) Change the Mod line to read: Mod = Mods\Multiple Favorite Civics
4) Load the game.
5) Then play as normal.

-----Notes to Modmakers-----

If you want to use the Water Animals Mod in your mod I have tried to make
things as easy as possible for you. In the XML files modified sections are
enclosed by:
<!-- -->
<!-- Multiple Favorite Civics Start -->
<!-- -->
and
<!-- -->
<!-- Multiple Favorite Civics End -->
<!-- -->

In the SDK files I have added // < Multiple Favorite Civics Start > and
// < Multiple Favorite Civics End > in all of the places that I have made changes to
the original files.

In the python files I have added # < Multiple Favorite Civics Start > and
# < Multiple Favorite Civics End > in all of the places that I have made changes to
the original files.

-----Version Information-----

-----v0.1BtS------

- Setup the Multiple Favorite Civics infrastructure

- Changed the <FavoriteCivic> tag to <FavoriteCivics> and added the underlying
required infrastructure to enable this feature.

- Updated the CvPediaLeader.py file to correctly display more than one civic.

-----===Credits & Thanks===-----

- Exavier - Composite Mod - readme.txt format

- PsiCorps For providing the idea for this mod.

Nice, again :goodjob:.

:think: what will happen, when you set 2 civics from the same column as favourite?
e.g. representation and universal suffrage?

Good question. It will select the highest valued one... I wondered this myself when giving slavery to Alexander and then Julius. They used the slavery civic for a while but I had also given them the tech to have the Emancipation civic. A few turns later they switched to Emancipation... I thought this was a bug on my side until I contacted them and saw that it was cheaper and made their people happier to have Emancipation. So to answer your question, they will stick to their favorite civic until some other civic heavily outweighs the want to use their own favorite civic... don't believe me? Then try it out for yourself:
1) Start a game with Alexander as one of the AI players.
2) Play a turn (so Alexander will found his capital)
3) Give Alexander Feudalism, Civil Service, Nationalism and Liberalism.
4) Plant a great spy in his capital
5) Contact him and check what his civics are (they should be the tier 1 civics)
6) Play a few turns and you'll see that he will skip vassalage and go to Bureaucracy

An alternate would be to first give him Feudalism only so he switches to Vassalage, wait a turn or two and then give him Civil Service, Nationalism and Liberalism. Give yourself Feudalism and then wait a couple of turns and then contact him. Look at what his message is in the trade screen if you try to get him to go to Vassalage.

Any problems with sevopedia? Or untested? :p

Its all pretty self contained so you shouldn't have any problems merging it in...

Excellent mod. Unfortunately the .dll doesnt support 18+ civs :(.

Excellent mod. Unfortunately the .dll doesnt support 18+ civs :(.

Thanks. This mod comp was not made to address the lack of 18+ civ support. You are more than welcome to take the source code for this mod and merge it into the sour e of a mod that does

Thanks. This mod comp was not made to address the lack of 18+ civ support. You are more than welcome to take the source code for this mod and merge it into the sour e of a mod that does
'

And what would be the easiest way to do that? From what i've gathered there seems to be a whole science when it comes to editing .dll.files. :crazyeye:

'

And what would be the easiest way to do that? From what i've gathered there seems to be a whole science when it comes to editing .dll.files. :crazyeye:

Get a free C++ compiler and IDE, get the SDK from the DLL directory in the BTS install folder. Make a backup copy of the files there and merge the two sets of source codes together. I would normally do it but right now I am really slammed at work.

Get a free C++ compiler and IDE, get the SDK from the DLL directory in the BTS install folder. Make a backup copy of the files there and merge the two sets of source codes together. I would normally do it but right now I am really slammed at work.

Thank you. As I feared, but I will look into it. Dont bother, after some reading about modding in civIV (total noob) I feel a little silly for "complaing" about something for which the mod was not intended for.

A little more ontopic though, im having a issue when I install this mod according to your instructions about changing the .ini. The game just says something like "mods/Multi... invalid direction. Ignoring" Any idea why?

Hi Lopez! *hugs*

I like this, will consider adding it to my mod, my only concern is that as it is the AIs tend to hammer me with requests/demands to change my civics... I'm a bit worried I'll be hearing from them even more often now heh. Though I suppose that could be fixed. :)

Ive been looking for a mod like this forever and now i've finally stumbled upon it. But i have some questions about merging it into another mod. First off, im pretty noobish when it comes to modding, but i've been learning and experimenting for awhile with it. In the readme it says you've made changes to the SDK , Python, and XML files. If i were just to coppy the changes in those individual files itno the corresponding files in another mod, will it just crash the game or will it work? An explanation on how to merge this mod with others would be awesome, so if you wouldnt mind posting again on how to do this or provide me with a link to somewhere else that will help explain, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Top Bottom