Modder's Documentation

How do I disable this thing that keeps forcing the DLL to rebuild every time I launch? I just want to play the damned game.

Last edited:
I have some personal tweaks that I make to the DLL. In fact, some of them have already previously been incorporated into the mod. Therefore I need to be able to build the DLL.

Since the source code isn't even in SVN any more, this is of no use to me. In any case, I can't seem to get the old makefile to work for me any more. I therefore must use the Github source and the new build script. But I also don't want to be tied into this constant iterative build process.

I have some personal tweaks that I make to the DLL. In fact, some of them have already previously been incorporated into the mod. Therefore I need to be able to build the DLL.

Since the source code isn't even in SVN any more, this is of no use to me. In any case, I can't seem to get the old makefile to work for me any more. I therefore must use the Github source and the new build script. But I also don't want to be tied into this constant iterative build process.
Then don't update your local github version, it won't re-compile the dll if no source files have changed sincle last you launched the game. And updating to newer version without letting it compile the newest dll is not recommended as that may cause serious bugs in those cases where new xml depend on changed dll code to function correctly.

That's true. My intention was to have an install fixed on one particular revision to play a long term game, to test for balance.

Even if it doesn't recompile the DLL, it still runs all of the scripts to check if it needs recompiling, and runs the FPK packer (which crashes every time for me) delaying the game from starting by a bit. The point is, I can't even work out how it's triggering the scripts to run, when I'm launching the mod directly.

Edit: Actually, it's worth noting that the thing that prompted me to ask the question in the first place was that the first three times I tried to launch the mod, it recompiled the DLL each time, in spite of there being no local changes to the source code nor any updates from git. After that it didn't recompile, but it is still launching and crashing the FPK thing every time.

Last edited:
No. But that's irrelevant to my question anyway. I didn't ask "how do I make the build script work properly". The question is solely: how do I *stop* the build script from being triggered?

No. But that's irrelevant to my question anyway. I didn't ask "how do I make the build script work properly". The question is solely: how do I *stop* the build script from being triggered?
It's triggered somewhere in the dll, don't know where.
The FPK check should only take like 0.4 seconds if no art files were changed, never seen it fail, though I have seen the dll compilation fail. Try deleting the fpklive_token.txt and all the fpk files and have it rebuild it from scratch once the next time you start the game, after that it will probably work correctly on subsequent game launches.

I think this opening explanation into the AI architecture was lost recently as a number of threads were eliminated. I want to do another to explain how the unit review is intended to change much of this and another even before that where I can walk through the brokerage architecture - I need to see it again as it is and audit it anyhow.

Top Bottom