Modders needed for a fictional Civ 5 game.

TimGB

Chieftain
Hi,

We at the CBR Battle Royale (https://www.reddit.com/r/CBRBattleRoyale/) have run into a brick wall. We have all the logos, civ designs and concepts ready, but none of us actually know how to mod Civ 5. If you are a modder, we need you!

For those who are unaware, the CBR Battle Royale is a fictional AI game where users come up with fantasy countries, then we make them into civs and put them against each other, writing lore about them as the game progresses. Some civs are serious and feel like real nations,while others are incredibly weird and wacky. Everyone can compete in this fantasy universe.

The idea started when the r/Civ Battle Royale was delayed for a while. Tpangolin was declared dead (not really of course), and various other users laid claims to his 'throne'. Basically it started out as a CBR game of thrones, and when Tpang eventually returned, we already had a full on game planned, and so it continued. Sadly, the first game crashed beyond repair, and so the final lore was continued by the people alone, while a second game was prepared.

The second game has lost a few people but brought a bunch more in. Unfortunately, amongst those that left were all of our modders, and so we are stuck. The game has been stagnant for a while now as we've tried and failed to get the final bits sorted. If you want to help, please do. We'll take anyone with any modding experience.

Cheers,

Tim.

Well then maybe'd you know that moddering is quite alot of work and requesting it is not the best idea (plus, I know some sites arn't found of recruitment calls)

Free time is sparse for most of us, and asking of people's time for something that IS gonna take alot of time isn't worth it with dedication. Unless your paying I don't think it'll work.

The only real suggestion I can give is to learn to mod yourself, I mean if you got the assets, just install the Civ 5 SDK and uses presets you can find online, there's a good one around here that has the xml files for the Vanilla Civs in the game.

Reactions: kul
We have all the logos, civ designs and concepts ready, but none of us actually know how to mod Civ 5
Suggest you post them into the "Civilization Design Resources" (Post design ideas for civilizations here - or requests for civilization designs. Experienced modders - please feel free to use the designs herein to create the proposed civilization.) sub-forum then and hope for the best.

However, be aware, that most modders on here seem to be in wind-down mode awaiting CivVI and/or busy with their own stuff.

Sure shoot me up the concepts and I'll see if it's doable or not.

Attachments

• CBRDanza.png
    CBRDanza.png
    30.2 KB · Views: 48
  • CBRCultureClowns.png
    CBRCultureClowns.png
    45.4 KB · Views: 62
  • CBRAzom.png
    CBRAzom.png
    44 KB · Views: 48
  • CBRHayastan.png
    CBRHayastan.png
    45.7 KB · Views: 53
  • CBRKianati.png
    CBRKianati.png
    44.8 KB · Views: 38
  • CBRKarastov.png
    CBRKarastov.png
    38.6 KB · Views: 44
  • CBRKaltloc.png
    CBRKaltloc.png
    47.7 KB · Views: 72
  • CBRKuulaja.png
    CBRKuulaja.png
    46.3 KB · Views: 33
  • CBRLycans.png
    CBRLycans.png
    52.1 KB · Views: 45
  • CBRNewDraxiad.png
    CBRNewDraxiad.png
    46.6 KB · Views: 39
The other 10 logos are here:

Attachments

• CBRSamizantium.png
    CBRSamizantium.png
    21.7 KB · Views: 42
  • CBRTarkiram.png
    CBRTarkiram.png
    24.6 KB · Views: 45
  • CBRVavrast.png
    CBRVavrast.png
    16.6 KB · Views: 60
  • CBRhorsehockyposters.png
    CBRhorsehockyposters.png
    38.8 KB · Views: 36
  • CBROskan.png
    CBROskan.png
    46.3 KB · Views: 52
  • CBRNiloctex.png
    CBRNiloctex.png
    34.1 KB · Views: 50
  • CBRTetraitus.png
    CBRTetraitus.png
    45.4 KB · Views: 50
  • CBRToastyPolder.png
    CBRToastyPolder.png
    39.9 KB · Views: 52
  • CBRZarvoxica.png
    CBRZarvoxica.png
    42.7 KB · Views: 45
  • CBRZookeepers.png
    CBRZookeepers.png
    39.7 KB · Views: 36
Just so you know I'm doing concepts, not civilizations. Meaning I can code the UA, UU and UB's abilities, but that's all I'm willing to do(meaning the logos aren't needed because I'm not making civilizations here).

Most, if not all seems doable. Although some of the complex ones such as
UA: Glory to the State: Cities founded cannot be converted to a non Hayastani religion. Internal trade routes provide double effects. +1 faith per 4 citizens, and units may be purchased with faith.
will require Community Patch DLL. There are a lot more that can be easily done with Community Patch DLL, but that depends on your preference.

Alright that's fine. We'll try and learn how to do the other bits ourselves.

I don't think there'll be a problem using the community patch, since the civs are only really designed to be played against each other.

Sound of the Wild UA completed.
The Horde Ascendant UA tweaked and completed: Each Mounted and Armored Unit yield +1 Culture. Strategic Horse and Oil Resources are tripled.
Entertainment Enthusiasts UA completed.

There's a lot more to do I know(I'll probably expect I might finish all of this by next month or so? varying whether or not you got someone to make the civilizations so I feel more rushed), but I have little free time.

Providing pre-made graphical assets is gonna make it that much easier for many of us, so thanks for that.

Sound of the Wild UA completed.
The Horde Ascendant UA tweaked and completed: Each Mounted and Armored Unit yield +1 Culture. Strategic Horse and Oil Resources are tripled.
Entertainment Enthusiasts UA completed.

There's a lot more to do I know(I'll probably expect I might finish all of this by next month or so? varying whether or not you got someone to make the civilizations so I feel more rushed), but I have little free time.

Thanks for helping with this! I too have very little free time (indeed much less than I thought I had when writing this post), so there is no rush. :)

Top Bottom