Modding Next War

crackersncheese

Chieftain
I like the Next War mod, but I'd like 1) Remove the custom civilizations (Southern Empire and all those) because they keep appearing in my games, and 2) Remove the "Cracked Like An Egg" event. If someone could direct me to the code I need to delete/adjust, I'd be very grateful.

The civilization XML file has tags "bPlayable" and "bAIPlayable". If you set those to 0, the civilization shouldn't appear in random games. I'm not sure whether that breaks the scenario.

The "Cracked Like An Egg" game over is done in the CvEventManager.py file, in lots of pieces. Search for "Nuke" to find them. The simplest way to disable the event is probably to set the two constants at the start of the file to -1, since the number of nukes fired will never be exactly -1.

The civilization XML file has tags "bPlayable" and "bAIPlayable". If you set those to 0, the civilization shouldn't appear in random games. I'm not sure whether that breaks the scenario.

It shouldn't. Worldbuilder saves override many XML tags, and bPlayable is one of them.

Similarly, how can I play Next War with other winning conditions, and with fewer civs?

Thanks for help, I do not like playing without scoring, and the AI launches spaceships before I develop the new weapons.

Top Bottom