Modern Armored Fighting Vehicles

No need... the samples I use already are from a Russian source. I'll see if I can post the original file here when I'm back home, for you to check.

Ares, great work with sound, realy, thank you.
And, about sound Victory RUS for BTR-80A, is it any kind of real-battle radio-talks?
It reminds me event from First Chechen War (mid 1990's, Caucas). When russian motorized infantry group was ambushed and slaughtered it Grozny streets. Bandits (or terrorists, NOT rebels) catch their radio talks and there was a speech about "No reinforcements" :(
Very scarry...

Models are very good quality, thanks Wyrm!!!!! Hope to see your nex works!!!!! I tried Civ5 and dissapointed, so back to Civ3!!!

add Later, about sounds.

Very, very tragic.... But real battle radiotalks. 60 hours of Maykop Brigade. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSoQ_EzJNZw&feature=related
or this, full. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2066878606598829188#
Sorry, no eng translation found. If need, anybody who knows russian language, can translate this.

Did you take sounds from here?

This is the sound used in the "AttackMen.wav"

Attachments

• rus_combat11.zip
    13.3 KB · Views: 57
This voice mean "Attack" as noun, not "to attack" as verb.
Both are usable! Good work!!!!!!!
But in rus military tradition more usable "V ataku!" means "to attack\assault\charge!"

MadGAD said:
Very, very tragic.... But real battle radiotalks. 60 hours of Maykop Brigade. Sorry, no eng translation found. If need, anybody who knows russian language, can translate this.
The most desperate fragment (as for me) is 1:53 - 2:02 with words "I'm 10th. 11th, we'll die here. Don't think it's         verbiage. We need help - right here and right now." No panic. No fear. A voice of the soldier.

Wyrm, thanks again for BMPs. Now they are not cartoonish =)
BMP-1 is still in service in Russian Army, but not so wide.

Russia:
Ground Forces — 8100 BMP-1, year 2010.
Ministry of Home Affairs — 1650 BMP-1, BMP-2 and BTR-80, year 2010.

Gosh!!! Thank u Wyrn, i was searching for nice civscaled BMP1 and PT76 since so long. And for the ASU-57, wow, now in my mod, coldwar airborne troop will have their own fire support!! And the Type 86 are very nice! With all these aircrafts (other thread) and ww2 units, I have now a full same design and graphically coherent equipment! I am a addict user of ur creations, around 50 are already integrated in my mod! I look forward for ur future units! Thank again : you're a real Artist!

Ohh, sorry, I forgot to thanks Ares for his sounds addition. By the way, it's funny, I found a real similarity in the Merkava 3 run sound and the motorized units sound in TOAW (i don't remember which version since i have the 3). I'm musician, I know that creating sound is hardworking task. So, if u need some help, just tell me. I will be happy to add my small contribution to your team work (I mean you and Wyrn). Bye

I've uploaded a single BMP-2 I did this morning. I've got a lot more BMP-1's to do before I move onto more BMP-2's. After that comes the hard stuff.

Wyrmshadow:

You've got me crying tears of joy! These BMP's came just in the nick of time for me. I'm doing a complete makeover of El Justo's splendid "The Cold War" scenario and I've already added units like the BTR series and the T55 through T72's. The death anim for the BTR-80 is simply awesome!

Thanks to you I can also included the BMP series in the game now. The one Ripptide made is pathetic in game compared to his other work. I do know the history behind that individual and after seeing your units I realize that Ripp was just a poseur.

16 BMP's. Had a lot of help from Ares. And I managed to upload all of them without anyone noticing before I was done.

hello, does anybody use the beautiful UN - units in a mod? If so, tell me how, please.

hello, does anybody use the beautiful UN - units in a mod? If so, tell me how, please.

Use them as hidden nationality units, like Privateers.

Top Bottom