modern corporation ideas

Higgs

Chieftain
I would like to see a couple new types of modern corporations. I am not sure they are possible, but I will throw the ideas out there:

1) A Mercenary/Military contractor Corporation, like say Blackwater, where it gives bonuses to Military Production capability, and or military promotions. Perhaps the resources it would use would be Gold, Silver, Gems, Uranium.

2) An Espionage Corporation, like one of those international spy corporations, say in the James Bond-kinda movies, where building it in cities would give a % increase to espionage points, and perhaps spy promotions. I would use the same resources as the Military contractor and perhaps have them compete.

3) A Commercial Space/Aviation Corporation, say like the start ups that are happening today. They would give a city bonuses to space craft production, and maybe even air craft promotion points due to their innovations. Resources could be some of the more modern ones such as bauxite/aluminum or oil or uranium.

4) A Commericial Shipping Corporation that would give bonuses to trade and commerce. Building it in a city would give additional trade routes.

AAranda's custom corporations cover the mercenary ones. An espionage corporation isn't really that realistic. You could have Interpol like groups as team projects and national wonders, but there isn't really any widely employed private mercenary groups for espionage purposes. Good ideas on 3 and 4 though.

You might want to post these ideas in the Corporations Thread I have open in the RoM Modmods. I guess I would be the go to guy, or at least the only guy around agreeable and willing to mod corporations (dependent on free time, of course).

Oh, btw, would the commercial shipping corporation be waterbased, and if so, restrict that corp to cities by rivers and coast, and only expand to those said cities?

I agree with CivTBone. I'm deferring all corporation related things to him. I'll happily add any new XML tags he needs, but I can't tell you how much I HATE HATE HATE modding Corporations and Religions.

IMHO, Those two aspects in Civ are the biggest PITA when modding...

Thanks for the responses. I will get over to CivTbone's thread and see the ideas there and what I can contribute. On the Commercial shipping one, I was thinking the city would have to be water-based.

I am really interested in the espionage side of things. That's why I was thinking of that kind of corporation idea. In my last couple games the cold wars have been alot more interesting than the hot wars. I would even like to see more espionage units, such as spy planes and some sort of ships that do off shore spying. :)

Pitas? Pitas? I loooove pitas! I'd gobble em up everyday.. oh, wait, it's an acronym. Yeah, modding corps is a big time PITA, but once I have a template, I can pretty much do it in about half hour or so, fiddling... biggest pain is the icons, pics, whatever. I can't do graphics to save my life. Bah.

Top Bottom