Modern Earth (Giant)

Initially testing has shown ISIS falls too soon. Will see what happens after some changes.

Making a quite a few changes to the diplomacy. I have decided to make Open Borders are lot harder to get as well as defensive pacts hopefully. I discovered that many nations create pacts, which is not really appropriate. And Israel smashing ISIS with ground forces is not really possible, as its militart should be able to cross foreign lands.

I am also strengthening HQ (Machine Guns) units by giving them 400% city defence, which may help them against 'Rebels' a bit better.

Continuing to test.

Fixed the Open Borders and Defence Pact issues.

I have made a significant change to buildings. There are now more buildings that need other buildings first to be able to build them.

Introduction
Have you ever wondered what the world will be like in a few years time? - Well wonder no more, this scenario recreates the modern earth as it is today and how it develops diplomatically. While it is still reasonably random, it gives new insights into what is essentially a very complex world. Lots of interdependence and relationships that need to be carefully managed.

Sorry!

I may be having a senior moment - but what is the objective of this mod.? :confused:

Just play it peacebly and see what happens to the Civ. you select.

Or select a major civ and start a war and see what happens.

I admire all the detail that has been added, but as the map is fully populated what is a player supposed to do?

You can not explore or settle new cities etc. as in basic Civ4. Do I just wait on events while managing the Civ I have selected?

A little guidence would be welcome.

I am currently playing Israel in my testing. I play to watch how the rest of the world acts with each other and with Israel itself. I have also playtested Australia, Japan and Russia, to see similar actions.

Because I have spent a bit of time working out initial relationships between countries and blocs, it is quite interesting to see how the world acts. e.g. in some of my playthroughs Pakistan has declared war on India.

In my new one I am working on, ISIS sometimes gets taken out by the Arab League, and sometimes by Iraq.

In addition, there is a lot of terrorist activity so it can be quite difficult to work out what to do. Speaking of which they do take over a few African Union and Arab league towns, which then are retaken.

So in essence, it is really about watching the world develop over time.

Thanks for your reply. Will try it soon.

Uploading to version 1.4 Google Drive now. PM me if you want a link to it.

It is now available for testing.

Why not to make it available in here and then patch the errors, if someone reports them here?

Guys, if you like this mod and want to play it against humans please read my repost from the PBEM section and post here if interested.

Spoiler :

I don't mind playing 2 different games, one with a Modern Earth and the other with my adaptation of Earth 2010 mod. I can see how not declaring wars can feel dry for many players. But here is my last pitch: you all already play 10+ games with world wars in all the eras. What can go wrong with 1 single game which has a slightly different narrative: a race to expand .... the corporation?

Take a look at this screeny, please. I toyed with inflation and as you can see money matter again in Modern Earth. Before all the civs were making tons of gold with 0% tax but with no civic to rush buy anything they could only use it for war bribes. Now you have a realistic need for money. It takes 3000 golds just to expand, you need to spend espionage to hurt your opponents, you can use viruses to distress opponents or to steal money. If you are confused by Brazil researching banking in 21 century -- think about it as a legislating banking regulations instead! You have to pass the banking bill in the Senate before you can build more banks and CEOs. You can only have one CEO of the given corporation at any turn, and while Petrobras CEO expands in Paraguay, you can use Ford CEO to replace VW in Rio, since AI America is not your opponent, but German player is. So adding 50 new branches can be quite a challenge, when you have 4 other human players watching your back in this race and money are tight. Finally world does not stay idle, we can give every human player Terrorist tech (hitman) which will hurt your resources and CEOs, other countries can declare on you, close borders, run anti-corporation civics, etc. The sheer scale of this mod guarantees your enjoyment as a leader of national corporation, who influences his own government and watching the world. Corporate race is simply a realistic real life experience set in a modern world were world wars did not happen for the last 70 years. Me and kiwitt need 3 more players and we can call this game 5 under 50 :)

kiwitt, I can understand when you remove certain techs from civs in order to force then adapting accurate civics and not switching too early. But certain choices look very random. Like why would Columbia start without Steam Power? Also Barranquilla( 4th largest city) should replace Venesuelan Maracaibo, otherwise Columbia currently has no access to Atlantic Ocean.

In general, the removal of techs was mostly to slow tech development and allowing it to build new buildings or units too soon.

You could be right about those cities, but I am more likely to add Barranquilla in as opposed to removing it for Maracaibo as they are both of similar size. Will consider that for version 1.5

Nope! ... it is a limitation of Civ IV.

please make more strong isis

they disappear so fast

in 2016 febrary they disappeared all

even didnt use nukes

I know ... its amazing what happens when the whole world is against them. But rest assured they have 100s of terrorists that are spread all over the world, causing havoc.

yes it s very amazing.

and i have one more question.

how can i find terrorist ?

special force ?

1.03 old version special force could find them but looks like not this version.

I might need to look into the invisibility settings. I may release a 1.41 patch to fix. I may restore it to 1.3 settings again.

If you remember the Iraq War it took 100s of days to send enough tanks via ships to make the invasion. This is why I have restricted the function of airports.

Top Bottom