Modiki XML Reference

deanej

Deity
I was going through the Modiki and noticed that there are four XML pages that aren't yet created - Civ5ForceControlInfos, Civ5Automates, Civ5Victories, and Text Files. Would anyone here be interested in adding the information on them? I'd do it myself, except I don't have a copy of civ5 and no way to get the tag list for the files (and no knowledge of what tags just aren't used).

Civ5Automates only contains the AI information for when you select the Automate button (builder automate and explore are the only 2 inside it). Civ5Victories contains the victory conditions (Cultural, Militaristic, Time, Diplomatic, and Tech). Can't seem to find Civ5ForceControlInfos inside my game, removed maybe? New Text contains the text strings, there is already documentation on how to do that for it though. I think that people haven't updated those files though is because core modding would be required.

The other files have the tag lists done from the schemas; maybe I should just download the Gods and Kings demo and do it myself, but I really don't feel like being away from Linux on my laptop long enough to download 2 GB of data. The localization tutorial doesn'

It's worth noting that the 2K wiki says Civ5ForceControlInfos is obsolete and unused.

Put the Victories and Automates xml's inside the zip for you along with one of the NewText xml's. Someone had a page on the wiki with lots of information on how text is done in civ 5, can't seem to find it now. The one in the zip though seems to have all the tables being used in some way or another

Attachments

• CIV5Victories.zip
    5.2 KB · Views: 89
Thanks; I think the page you're thinking of is the Localization Tutorial (which, now that I've seen a text file again, I can say pretty much covers everything). The initial file list came from the civ5 demo, so if the file was deleted since then it might not be around any more. I believe Firaxis can do that now thanks to Steam.

Top Bottom