ModMod question: Leaders

zouflain

Chieftain
Just a quick question, and a suggestion if this is frequently asked.

Question(s): Will this conflict in any way with mods that only add leaders/civilizations (for instance, Hukkak's Extra Civ's Pack)? I already use ones specifically flagged for the Night's mod, and I would suspect not, but I would rather ask before upsetting the delicate balance that is my civ 5 install (it likes to break with any mods change). Along those lines, I would also like to know if there are any values added to the default civs necessary for this mod, but not likely to appear in such a leader pack?

Suggestion: An FAQ - not just a "how to play" or worse a +100 page discussion - section might be in order for this mod, as it's large, sophisticated, and popular.

Just a quick question, and a suggestion if this is frequently asked.

Question(s): Will this conflict in any way with mods that only add leaders/civilizations (for instance, Hukkak's Extra Civ's Pack)? I already use ones specifically flagged for the Night's mod, and I would suspect not, but I would rather ask before upsetting the delicate balance that is my civ 5 install (it likes to break with any mods change). Along those lines, I would also like to know if there are any values added to the default civs necessary for this mod, but not likely to appear in such a leader pack?

Suggestion: An FAQ - not just a "how to play" or worse a +100 page discussion - section might be in order for this mod, as it's large, sophisticated, and popular.

It shouldn't conflict with mods that add leaders/civs, seeing as the mod doesn't add any in the first place. If you find you come across any bugs after installing certain mods, delete your cache folder and the contents of your moduserdata folder - doing this usually fixes any bugs that crop up.

Unless a Civ is specifically designed for Nights, it won't really work - as each Civ/Leader gets some free buildings to start the game that allow their cities to gain happiness from citizens (and this won't happen for Civ's added through Hukkak's Extra Civ's Pack), which is fairly game-breaking. Many Civ's also get custom palaces to start the game - as these give certain Civ's their unique UA's that wouldn't have been possible/available using the standard vanilla traits.

An faq has been suggested before... I'll get started on a brief primer that outlines the basics after I release v11.8.

Top Bottom