Mods as .exe runables (Is thsi the same for each mod)?

Dig-Doug

Savant of Sutpidity
Hello

Sorry if this has been placed somewhere else before but I need to get a couple mods to work "AUTOMATICALLY" when I click on the icons for BTS or other civ games.

I have this info for the colonization mod "Age of discovery 2" and I would like the buffy mod and Sevopedia mod also, to work the same way.

I placed this after the link executable runs: "mod=/AgeOfDiscoveryII" and the mod loads at startup without having to reload the whole game. So will this work for "Buffy" also or "Sevopedia"? (or any others for that matter if I want more)

or Do I need to do something different for each one?

Thanks in advance!:D

DD

The Civ4 engine has been programmed to recognize this command in a target path for a shorcut that launches the civ4 executable, so this works for all mods, yes. Adding mod="ModName" to the end of the target path will work on all computers, your syntax "mod=/ModName" will work on some computers, but not others, there are a few deviations like this, but if it works on your computer, it doesn't matter for you. Just to be clear for other users though, it's best to just use the mod="ModName" format, as that will work on all systems.

The Civ4 engine has been programmed to recognize this command in a target path for a shorcut that launches the civ4 executable, so this works for all mods, yes. Adding mod="ModName" to the end of the target path will work on all computers, your syntax "mod=/ModName" will work on some computers, but not others, there are a few deviations like this, but if it works on your computer, it doesn't matter for you. Just to be clear for other users though, it's best to just use the mod="ModName" format, as that will work on all systems.

Just to clear it for others reading this, is there a way of knowing what computers the "/" added will be needed without adding it and running the game?

Mine happens to be Vista 64bit at present operating system and I am going to move up to Windows 7 with 32bit instead if it will read the 4gb RAM I have. I will of course need to play Civ 4 still with expansions and the good mods above. I'll go 64bit if 32 will not work my RAM properly.

DD

And thanks for the quick reply phungus!:D

I have no idea. I just know mod="ModName" always works, and other ways don't. Came across this issue while writing my install script for Legends of Revolution, and some users were reporting that the shortcuts the installer set up didn't work (I was originally using a mod=\ModName format, which worked fine on my and most users computers). Based on feedback from various users and other modmakers I came to the conclusion I could just use mod="ModName" and it would work for all users.

Ok
I added the above with this syntax:

mod=/BUFFY-3.19.001 and also mod=BUFFY-3.19.001 but neither will work.

I get an error box saying that the "start in box is incorrect" with to much to type here. Meaning that the location is not correct but when I just run the normal it finds it just peachy.

What is going on now?

Edit:

I'll bet its the quotes huh!!! I'll go try it that way.

Ok this is what worked for me:

Target:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Games\Civ 4\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod="BUFFY-3.19.001"

Start in box:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Games\Civ 4\Beyond the Sword\"

Will this work with multiple mods? What syntax if it will to ad the Sevopedia or other at the same time.

DD

As I said it will work for all mods.

Top Bottom