monarchy:4000BC

Suki

you will get nothing
has anyone ever had this happen?
I started a game the other day, and am kicking myself for not taking a screenshot, but on a non accelerated start I got all techs up to and including monarchy! I also started with two settlers! has anyone else ever had this happen?

no, no mod, I"ve never seen anything like it...

I have civ2 Gold, mac edition, I forget what version.

You don't need a city to overthrow the government in such a case.You can revolt for 3850 and wander a few turns popping huts and looking for specials then found your 1st city allready in Monarchy :D

I don't think I've got monarchy from the beginning ever, but I've got all techs up to it. Maybe it's because I rarely choose a purple civ. It's really good though to have more food and if you have a special giving you a lot of one type of resource you can use it from the beginning.:)

I once got all the tech up to monarchy and then got monarchy from a hut still in 4000bc.
Its very beneficial when your first city grows faster!:cool:

I got Monarchy once as a "Free" advance. I was playing at Diety in MGE, so in 4000bc, I founded city number one and changed to monarchy immediately. I was playing a blue civ at the time. I don't remember the outcome of that game as it was a few years ago, and with that number of free advances, MGE can be a touch nasty.

Yeah it's possible - it's just extremely rare.

If you pay 'poly a visit then in the Civ 2 section the Scouse Gits were setting up a few games for those players scared of Deity level by starting loads of new games and posting those which gave the player a huge advantage. One of these gave you Monarchy as a starting tech and I seem to remember that eight techs is the max you can get at the start.

I’ve had it a couple of times. For those of us who start many games (but only finish a few) it might seem to be more frequent. I figure the odds are about a half to one percent or so.

And the Duke is right -- greater chances for the later starting civs.

Top Bottom